Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I hate mice

plastikosmd

Went to start the 16 hp b12. Carnage ensued and mouse parts flying. No spark. Push the tractor out of the shed, unbolt the grill, disconnect and pull motor. Snap 2 bolts but get the pulley and shield off, plug wire chewed as it attaches to mag. Mouse house and plenty of mouse parts. I hate them, hate........

I have my tractors covered with bounce dryer sheets and have decon placed all around them.

I concur though to I hate them as well.

I'm lucky I guess, every year I get visited by the blacksnake.

And also we have a couple of Hawks that nest in the the tall trees right by the creek at my rear property line. Not to mention the neighbors outside cat that occasionally patrols.

Well, robbed another part motor, got it back together and running minus an exhaust gasket. I do love how easy they are to work on. Tractor apart, motor apart, stator or whatever it is called replaced, maybe it is a coil? All done in just 3 hrs. That also includes burning out 4 bolts, taking apart a parts motor and figuring out a fuel issue after solving the electric issue ( at least that works, got shocked pretty good.)Anyway, I have put 3 motors in this machine along w hi low, hydro etc. I always end up with extra bolts, nuts, washers etc. this time was no different. It must contain some sort of reverse black hole that absorbs the stuff missing from other projects. I never need to buy 7/16 or 1/2 inch bolts, just keep taking apart the Allis and I fill my bins.

A Stator is part of an electric motor. It is the part that stays put, i.e. stationary. The part the moves or spins is the commutator (commutes). So... If it is what I call the Armature, then I think Stator is appropriate, as is coil. It's what the spark wire is connected to and gives your arm that warm fuzzy feeling if you contact the spark wire while cranking the engine.

Hey Doc! I have a '65 BIG TEN for that! A gracious donor she is! Currently

looks like the turkey on Black Friday:D. A big yellow cadaver. Plenty of good hardware around the BGB, and the transaxle. I was the heir to my sons "leftovers" from his Grand National; weird sizes and threads. takes up a lot of space on the workbench. To buy from the Hillman stock at ACE takes a mini mortgage. The other issue is you can get ungraded, and grade 8s, but no grade 5s (Those you get at Lowes).

If you want to see critter clutter, just check out my "Show and Tell" Topics.

HAPPY HUNTING"