Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New to your forum

Jim_Kovar

Just an introduction, I live in Vulcan in Michigan's U.P. I love garden tractors! I bought a Agco Allis 1918H a month or so ago and am loving it. Especially the power steering. I'm still learning how to post pictures, I'll try to get some posted tomorrow.

This is a great site, I've been roaming around it for a few days and decided to become a member. One of the pictures I'll hopefully be posting is of the bagger. It's driveshaft, but goes into a rectangular galvanized box. I'll get the pics up.

Thanks for a great website!

Welcome Jim,

It's good to have a Yooper on board. Several of us on this forum love to visit your part of the country.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

John U

Welcome aboard. I was just in the UP mid November for the rifle hunt for deer. Saw a boatload but not a any big ones. Still had a great time.

Enjoy the site, great members and a wealth of knowledge.

Welcome! Always nice to have another Michigander, 'specially a Yooper! Farthest West I've been in the UP has been Escanaba. I love it UP there!

Welcome to the club. My family is in South West Michigan so my wife and I drive through the UP quite often when visiting. That's a great & beutiful area you're living in! Any snow there yet?

Welcome to the world's greatest tractor club. :D

Vulcan? You mean like Vulcan? Do you get a lot of Trekkeez doing annual pilgrimage for StarTrek conventions? There's a place in Saskatchewan called Vulcan, and thousands, millions even, invade this tiny little town every year, and Spock himself showed up one year. You guys do that too? Did you meet Spock? 8D and do the mind meld? what was it like? 8)

Sounds like you have a nice tractor. We do like pix. sm03

You need to resize your pix to less than 100 Kbytes, and name them with standard characters, all one word, no spaces. Like:

This_is-eZ_after-U-DoIt_ACoupleOfTimes9991177.jpg sm01

or simply 47.jpg works well.

Resize and also a not so noticeable Quality reduction (~70% quality) with a resolution of 640x480 or 800x600 or similar works well, fits the page easily .

There's a sticky at top of Show n Tell Forum. (resizers)

Welcome to the Club. I'm in Traverse City, so we're really not that far from each other as the crow flies. Though, I don't have a big enough boat to head straight across the Lake.

Welcome to the club! Nice tractor! One of my brothers lives in Cooks, just outside of Manistique. I love to visit him, beautiful country!

Wow, nice lookin machine! I can't say I've seen one of the vac units for those. That baby looks like she'll, well, suck. :I

Nice tractor, nice property, lots of nice toys you got there.

Great job on getting the pix posted.

I don't use a bagger at all. I mow leaves in. There are various topics on the forum dealing with baggers, collection devices, etc. some are restorations, others are replacements or home made mods. The 'Search' feature should find lots if you are interested. Use keywords - the search function does not allow words like "of" and "the", and will return strange error messages if such words are used - took me a while to figure that out.

Thank you for the welcome, everyone. I am a retired machinist, I still have a mill and a lathe at home. I would be more than happy to do any light fabricating or at least offer advice on a project. May not be worth much, but I'll try.

Someone said there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum, they are right. I'm still reading older posts and learning something every time I sign on.

Thanks again.

Jim, I'm by no means a veteran here, but find my self using the search function almost daily. I find new stuff almost every time I log on! You'll find it rewarding to use the 'archive' selection when searching, and reading the wealth of info there, as well as within the designated resource areas.

At times it sesms someone has tried everything with these old machines, and yet, each week somebody comes up with something new. Enjoy your stay, I hope it's a long one!

Looks like you'll have fun blowing snow this winter. Thanks for the offer of your services and knowledge - good to know, but hope I won't need them for my tractors.

Jim,

Welcome aboard.

Great looking tractor, it's looks to be in great shape.

As to the vacuum collection box, I doubt it's factory. Don't have any "for sure" knowledge about it, but it just doesn't look "Simplicity".

Also, most of us have found that 2 link chains work much better than the 4 link chains that you have on your tractor. The 4 link seem to "spin" some and leave marks; at least that's been my experience with mostly wet type snow here in SE PA. Hopefully the 4 links will work OK for you.

Originally posted by PhanDad

Jim,Welcome aboard.Great looking tractor, it's looks to be in great shape. As to the vacuum collection box, I doubt it's factory. Don't have any "for sure" knowledge about it, but it just doesn't look "Simplicity". Also, most of us have found that 2 link chains work much better than the 4 link chains that you have on your tractor. The 4 link seem to "spin" some and leave marks; at least that's been my experience with mostly wet type snow here in SE PA. Hopefully the 4 links will work OK for you.

id="size4">BTW - Welcome to the Club, Jim!