Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New to your forum

Jim_Kovar

quote:Originally posted by RayS

the vac box looks like a trac vac that was added on.

id="quote">
id="quote"> I looked at some older Trac Vacs on the internet, you got it. Thanks

quote:Originally posted by PhanDad

Also, most of us have found that 2 link chains work much better than the 4 link chains that you have on your tractor. The 4 link seem to "spin" some and leave marks; at least that's been my experience with mostly wet type snow here in SE PA. Hopefully the 4 links will work OK for you.

id="quote">
id="quote"> I snowblowed a couple of days ago, there was a little slippage but not bad. I think if I was running a blade I'd be looking for 2 link chains. Thanks!

quote:Originally posted by Jim_Kovar

This is the bagger. The blower part is Simplicity, the part I'm not sure about is the collection box. Any ideas?

013.JPG

id="quote">
id="quote">Jim, is that the bed of an old pickup lurking in the upper left of the picture??? Tell us more!John U

Welcome aboard, Nice Ford truck, does she run? she looks straight out of the Beverly Hill Billys' or Green Acressm00sm00:D. I have a cousin up Houghton, Mi. jh

Originally posted by Jim_Kovar
quote:
id="quote"> Well I'm back with some more info on that bagger. When I bought the tractor, the business I bought it from (Northgate Equipment in Escanaba)gave me all of the manuals. And stuck in there was a bagger manual that shows it was sold by Simplicity for their Ultima models. The setup manual has all of the parts numbers, photos, how to set it up etc. If I can find someone around here to scan this I will. It's only 5 or 6 pages. I'll see what I can do. I'm thinking that Simplicity bought the collector from Trac-Vac.

quote:Originally posted by johnmonkey

Welcome aboard, Nice Ford truck, does she run? she looks straight out of the Beverly Hill Billys' or Green Acressm00sm00:D. I have a cousin up Houghton, Mi. jh

id="quote">
id="quote"> It runs great, John. I've done a lot of work on the motor and trans. But there is only two forward gears and 20 HP to deal with. It's been in the family since it was new. It started out as a two door, in 1932 it was rolled over in a ditch and great-gramps decided to make a farm truck out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

welcome to the loony bin sm00 these tractors are like a lays potato chip you can't have just 1 I started a few yrs ago with one now I have 4 and lots of attachments but really welcome to the club any questions you might have there is someone here who can help you the guys are great here