Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
lampoulos

Rear Lift Rod

lampoulos

Here's a silly question. Being I'm fairly new to the FDT world I feel comfortable asking this.

Is there such a thing as different length rear lift rods? I just put a used rod and lift on the back of my 2210 and found that I'm not getting the full range of motion out of it. At full back the rod hits the top of the tranny. I moved the rear carriage all the way up but it still only allows it to go about half way down. I have my B110 here to look at as well, but without removing both rods to measure I'm not sure. I would assume that there's something more that I'm missing, but I'm not seeing it.

mwells

You are correct the hydro and varible speed tractors have a longer wheelbase so they required a longer lift rod. Straight 3 speeds like 110 have shorter rods. Should be able to find a long one pretty easy on here or ebay. Good luck!

BLT
quote:Originally posted by lampoulos

As long as I've been on this sight I've never picked up on that before....Shows how much I pay attention. Thanks guys. I'll be on the look-out for a shorter lift rod then.

id="quote">
id="quote">You can always thread the existing one back and cut it to fit.

lampoulos

.....Never thought of that. That'd be easiest, wouldn't it. Must be too early in the morning for me. I'm going to go get a cup of coffie and come back to my computer. Then maybe I can hold up my end of an intellegent conversation. Thanks guys!

BLT
quote:Originally posted by lampoulos

.....Never thought of that. That'd be easiest, wouldn't it. Must be too early in the morning for me. I'm going to go get a cup of coffie and come back to my computer. Then maybe I can hold up my end of an intellegent conversation. Thanks guys!

id="quote">
id="quote">dOd;)