Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The Hb212 got a green friend

ngale65

Well I think the 212 is done cutting grass, I think she will be doing snow plowing and just playing in the summer. Got a super sweet 425 JD today from a Deere mechanic, low hours, absolutely like new condition and he has already replaced all the weak links on the tractor. I forgot how nice power steering can be. I always hated cutting the grass with the Allis, as much fun as i have i hate getting it all dusty and dirty, such a messy job. Bought new tire chains for the AC, so now i just need to get those on and put the dozer blade on it. Bring on the snow.

ac and jd.jpg

425.jpg

57e0573473ad9_acandjd.jpg.625f15f6049be9d8bc8d0112b6de9101.jpg

425.jpg.5e2485f49abdb55e4f65677630820576.jpg

apparently the weak link on these is the cam shaft gear is nylon and it breaks. That is why is went back to Deere 6 years ago. The mechanic bought is because it was so clean, he replaced the cam with a metal gear one, replaced the water pump and oil pump since he was in it and put all new gaskets on it. Then put a suspension seat on it and new larger rear tires, all new bearing in the deck. and right befor i bought it he serviced the whole thing, sharpened the blades. it is 100 percent ready to go. total hours 558. I coulnt pass it up. you could eat of the engine its so clean, it looks like its a year old and its unrestored. Lucky for me They were moving in 3 weeks and were trying to sell stuff asap. and it sure ascensored1.gifbeats the $10,000 price tag of a new one.

I cut grass with one of these for a few years at a place I lived at. It was a great machine. 27 HP liquid cooled Kawasaki seemed like it never even grunted. Very solid tractor to ride on, never felt tippy, hardly ever spun a tire, and the power steering was great. Color was a little off, but it was a nice unit.

Great find!

Those are a very good unit. I work at a Deere dealer and that unit is by far much cleaner than most that come through for service.

Its just my luck, i bought a completel bearing set and got ready to rebuild the deck for my Hb212. so it goes to figure i would find another one. haha. oh well, im still going to redo the deck. I think she will be happy not getting all dirty and dusty with grass anymore. This means i can install me rear bar tires and front 3 rib tires. sounds like a fun winter project. Hopefully Pics to follow come january of the HB with its new shoes

Super set of tractors...:I And to think I was too embarrassed to even mention the two green machines I have in my collection! 66 JD round fender restored and a newer lt series that never gets used because I find a cheap thrill in cutting my 1 ac lot with a different classic tractor every week. My neighbor kids point and laugh at me and their parents think I am nuts but all have no trouble coming to me with their mechanical issues LOL!

IMG_2358.JPG

IMG_2358.JPG.b5ca5ee5501f2373ca0b0777b3ffff0f.JPG

at fishnwiz, that is great, that sounds like my house, always using some old stuff, neighbors laughing till their crap breaks, then they come ask me for help. hahahaha. glad to hear its not just me

I just moved into my place about 2 months ago. The neighbor kids marveled at every trailer load of 'tractors', and the question kept being asked...

"Why do you have so many?"

What the heck do you tell a 5 year old? I don't have a good answer, so I'd just keep saying...

"Because."

:D

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I just moved into my place about 2 months ago. The neighbor kids marveled at every trailer load of 'tractors', and the question kept being asked..."Why do you have so many?"What the heck do you tell a 5 year old? I don't have a good answer, so I'd just keep saying..."Because.":D

id="quote">
id="quote">Because, they are my "big kid toys". How many toys do you have? :D:D

I think I sold half of them this week. I got some serious withdrawal. Last week it was the opposite...buyin so fast my head spun. Funny how things become important...and then not so much...and then important again! ;)

The trailer tires are barely cooled off and I'm ready to go again...

Nice Allis........and the other one...too...I guess...Sorry Nate, where I grew up the farmers here had an unending battle between John Deere & Allis Chalmers tractors (the AC were built here in LaPorte, In) so to me your pic represents:

Allis/Deere

good/evil

alfa/omega

allis/axis

Chevy/ford

paper/plastic

over the spool/under the spool

Seriously...its a pretty cool tractor, LOTS of extras sm01

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I think I sold half of them this week. I got some serious withdrawal. Last week it was the opposite...buyin so fast my head spun. Funny how things become important...and then not so much...and then important again! ;) The trailer tires are barely cooled off and I'm ready to go again...

id="quote">
id="quote">Its the thrill of the hunt for me!