Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

pully removel

451johnny

I have a 1967 simplicity landlord that am trying to restore...its got a wrong pully that am trying to replace cause the belt keep coming off...if you are sitting on the tractor its the one closes to the front.. on the right side..its the one that turns when the tractor is running...it has no set screws or key from what I see..but the shaft on the tractor where the pully is on is treaded so its seams to me that it was screwed on..and I tried evcerything to get that sucker out and it wont buge..the last thing I did was placed a monkey wrench on the opposit pully ( left side if your sitting )and another on the main..I didnt have einuff man power so I tied a 2000 pound winch to the wench on the main one and all she did was get bent..couldnt believe the dame thing is on so tied,,,I remember reading about another guy having the same problem..am I going to have to cut the dame thing off..?? any help will be much appreciated...I tried downloading a picture of the pully but everytime I try to do it it say the file is too large and its only on this site that I cant do that...whats up with that....Johnny

I have a '68 B110 I believe is the same tractor. Just recently tore the same pulley off to rebuild the BGB. The end of the shaft is threaded the pulley does not thread on. It is a 2 piece pulley and there should be 2 bolts on the outside of pulley. If you take them out the outer half comes off. Then a nut on the shaft holds on the inner half pulley that is keyed to the shaft. You cannot remove the shaft (or at least dont want to) if the BGB is still boled into tractor. Also it must slide out the opposite way you are needing. It slides out from the side your stuck pulley is on out the other way.

All This being said if your pulley does look like the one I so poorly described it is the correct size. The problem could simply be a stretched belt or idler pulley not keeping tension. Just my thoughts. I'm no expert but have worked a lot on the B110's and B112's. Aka landlord and sovereign.