Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ngale65

Snow Shoes on the HB212, let it snow, let is snow

ngale65

i got the chains from jacks small engine. however, you will have to take some time to get them tight, i ended up cutting off 2 rows of chain to get it nice and snug. if you take your time and do it right then there is no need for springs and rope and wire and all the other crazy stuff you see people using to hold their chains on. i like to take my tires off the tractor and do them loose, works for me.

ngale65

no prob greg, thanks for helping clean the garage. now i have chains to fit my 10.5 tires :) i had to laugh that i had the chains installed wrong on the set you got. i did do that a couple years ago and never took them off. i guess i have learned a lot since then. :)

ngale65

@ greg, it was funny, when we put the new chains on they were all loose and my buddy was like you need to buy those springs. and i told him oh no, we just need to make these a bit shorter and spend some time on it. well 20 min later se cut 2 sections out of the chain but had it perfect. the 2nd tire took all of 5 min. lol.

GLPointon

Good for you...That was the point I was trying to make on my post; If you take a few minutes and install the chains proper & tight you won't need the springs/bungees/tensioners/etc. dOd

quote:Originally posted by ngale65

@ greg, it was funny, when we put the new chains on they were all loose and my buddy was like you need to buy those springs. and i told him oh no, we just need to make these a bit shorter and spend some time on it. well 20 min later se cut 2 sections out of the chain but had it perfect. the 2nd tire took all of 5 min. lol.

id="quote">
id="quote">

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Baja24
    • CTD01
    • BLT
    • GregB
  • Today's Birthdays

1. comet66
      comet66
      (73 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• MARK (LI)

MARK (LI)  »  Alltractoredup

...This is Mark from Long Island ....Gene told me that you are selling  FEL for a Sunstar....the link he sent me does not take me to it ...I am not on FB myself, but my wife is...is it just on the AC  / Simple group, or is it on the Marketplace?
      · 2 replies
    • F.U.N.

F.U.N.  »  sandyhillbill

Dear Sandhillbill
      Can you please copy me on this data, for Sun Star parts list.
      :
      September 12, 2004 Mike I sent you a PM and have all the mfgs. available for the tiller/hitch/pto/liftgroup if you need me to send them to you. Let me know. Thanks, F.U.N.    
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts