Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B&S 243431 0627-01

Tonyvdb

I have a Briggs 243431 0627-01 that I'm going to rebuilt. Can anyone tell me the bore size so I can determine how much it is worn. If the model is 243431 what does the 0627-01 mean. I think it's a 10 hp. It is in a simplicity 3410 model 990755.

Thanks for any help you can give.

It's been said before, but the 32 CI can be whatever you want it to be:D

Notice the 326437 is both 14 and 16 hp :o on Bob's chart

just depends on what tractor it was in ;)

How much can you bore these out? Wondering if you can make a 10 horse into a 14 or even a 16. Is it just the bore size or is the cam different, looks like the stroke is the same on all except the early 7 hp ones.

Tony,

>>How much can you bore these out? Wondering if you can make a 10 horse into a 14 or even a 16. Is it just the bore size or is the cam different, looks like the stroke is the same on all except the early 7 hp ones.<<<

The 10HP (243431) engine uses a different block and crank than the 12-16HP ones, so it cannot be bored out to those models. The head bolt pattern is also different (smaller diameter headbolt perimeter). Yes, the 10-16HP motors all share the 3.250" stroke.

Tom (PK)

You will run into balance problems and overheating/warping if you bore it out that far and install a larger piston.

The 12-16 hp cast iron singles are synchro-balanced.

What do you plan on doing with the tractor??

It will easily hanndle the 32", and maybe the 36" tiller, the 36" snowblower, and a 42" mowing deck.

My 2110 easily pulls a moldboard plow.

Not sure what I'm going to do with it now, I had been using it to grade our half mile long driveway but I just restored a 7117 and am going to us it for the driveway. I've had the 3410 for a few years and the engine lost compression. I took off the head and a valve was stuck open but even with getting it to close it still doesn't have much compression so I thought I'd rebuild it and do a repaint on the tractor. Plus I have another 7117 that I bought to be a parts tractor but that ended up being to good to part out.

Isn't the OEM carb output the only diference between the 14 & 16hp??

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

It's been said before, but the 32 CI can be whatever you want it to be:DNotice the 326437 is both 14 and 16 hp :o on Bob's chartjust depends on what tractor it was in ;)

id="quote">
id="quote">

Originally posted by GLPointon

Isn't the OEM carb output the only diference between the 14 & 16hp??

quote:
id="quote">I think max rpm was also a factor in "measured" horse power.