Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Member Here

AC82

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Alex and I am from central Illinois. I have been browsing this site for awhile now and decided it was time to pay my dues. This community is pretty awesome. Well anyway, here are a couple pictures of my Early B10, 716H and Landlord DLX.

446.jpg

447.jpg

446.jpg.1bd823d9bce19e29d76c2a01893ad0b7.jpg

447.jpg.83a150fc69734a52b7e93dc916985f1b.jpg

Thanks guys!

quote:When do you plan on adding to it? ;)id="quote">
id="quote">

I was hoping to add a B1 to my collection today...Someone beat me to it...:(

Welcome to the club. Great herd there! dOd

Wow, nice looking 716.

That's causing a real stir here at my place - my 716's getting all disturbed saying he wants mag wheels now. He's telling me to order them, and never mind the shipping and import duties, just get them here fast. So I told him I don't know where to get them - he tells me to stay tuned for more info, and to get with the program.

He's not usually so mouthy. :D I haven't seen him jealous before either. Usually we have a fairly calm rapport. Does your talk to you? (it's ok, you don't have to admit it). Mine can sing too. :D:D:D And he teaches me stuff, tells me what to fix. Yeh, I know, it's kinda strange; but it's a good thing - as long as I listen.

That's a pretty early B-10. Is that a 9 hp? 63-64?? like one of the first?

DLX is a pretty sweet unit too, eh? (that's a Canadian word, eh). sm03

Kick back and settle in, this show never ends....

quote:Wow, nice looking 716.

That's causing a real stir here at my place - my 716's getting all disturbed saying he wants mag wheels now. He's telling me to order them, and never mind the shipping and import duties, just get them here fast. So I told him I don't know where to get them - he tells me to stay tuned for more info, and to get with the program.

id="quote">
id="quote">

Thanks MysTiK! I did a nut and bolt restore on the 716 about a year and half ago. It was given to me by a friend, the paint was awful and had no engine. I re-powered it with a OH160 16HP Tecumseh.

The wheel covers came from Sears. The brand is Wheelies. You can still order them from Sears website. Cool part is that they come with different colored inserts, one being yellow too!

Ya the B10 has the 23D 9HP in it. It's in dire need of a rebuild, smokes like a chimney. The B10 has a hydro-lift that I picked up this spring from ebay.

The DLX is a 2001 23HP Kohler with hydro-lift and Power Steering. This is the one that gets the weekly workout during mowing season.

@ AC82 - Alex, Thank you for that accurate information. I will have a look at the Canadian version of seers. Like a lot of things with pricing and availability, seers has a completely separate website, perhaps to accomodate the fact that near-nothing is the same. I think canajun versions of all those disposable traxtors are ballpark 1000 more than what they are stateside. So it was, about 5 yrs ago, which was last time I checked. I no longer take them seriously. I thank the powers that be, for leading me astray to educate me, so they could lead me back to real traxtors - or something like that - just reflecting with the wisdom of 20/20 hindsight on my learning process. Strange how things just happen. I think we are all in the right place now. :D

Welcome once again.

Welcome!

Your signature line indicates you have twice as many as what's shown in the pic. When do we get to see pics of the others? Everybody here loves pics.

@Huffy

When the weather clears up a bit I'll take some pictures of the rest of the fleet. I don't keep my pictures well organized...It's just easier taking new ones!

Thanks so much everyone for the warm welcome!