• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timflury

• bowhunt4life

• Talntedmrgreen

• huffy

I'm across the big Michigan pond from you but its still clear here...but they say its going to start tonite and may get over several inches...? but thats what they said all last winter too????

Looks like your ready for it crk8

quote:Originally posted by Brettw

Ok. I'll bite. "Draco"?

id="quote">
id="quote">Dateline 12/18/12 "Winter Storm "Draco" is taking shape over the Rockies this evening and on its way for the Great Lakes region. The path of this storm determines a lot in terms of what we will see Thursday evening in to Friday. Your welcome.:D

It's been on and off rain, some sunny stuff, and +5ish (low 40's F) for days here in beautiful S. Ontario. We did get freezing rain - had to run to the store in that one night - crazy driving even with 4wd.

Gonna cool the weekend, Fri nite a wee skiff of snow maybe.

I cancelled winter last Sept.

Yawn.......

sm01

Besides, I'm not ready yet. I find when I think of doing anything about it, the sun goes down. I have become a cold weather whiner. 8)

T minus 3 months and counting = SPRING = weeee. dOd

where'd they get the name draco - (unusual). sounds a little darkish to me. Oh well, it's the dark time of the year. Another week and the days get longer. In 2 weeks that will be very noticeable. Hang in there, it's mostly over already. Happy 2013.

quote:Originally posted by MysTiK

where'd they get the name draco - (unusual). sounds a little darkish to me.

id="quote">
id="quote">Draco - short for draconian = bad storm. Also popularized by Harry Potter.Supposed to start snowing here late tomorrow night/early Thursday morning and continue on for most of the weekend. I personally could do without it. But, I've got a bunch of family coming into town that want to see a white Christmas. A lot of them are little kids and, frankly, at least the snow will give them stuff to do outside.

I don't really know what the word means - draconian. I always heard it used to describe situations that seemed unreasonable, old fashioned, archaic, abusive, dysfunctional, kinda like medieval customs, laws, rules, etc., that denied human existence and the reality of it as it simply is, in favour of something sick, destructive, preventive, anti-creative - a demand for conformity, when to conform was obviously just not about personal reality, freedom, and lots of other good things that somehow stayed around despite the dark ages, or something like that. I am also amazed at what people do with language, and what people value, or are told to value. I even tried watching potter movies just to see what the fuss was about. I just gave up after several attempts. I guess I'm too old or something. But when I was young I chased the current ideals too. So I guess it's what people want to do. I find it frustrating. I try to find something and it doesn't seem to be there; and it could be so much more, or could have been - but was never intended to be that. However it alludes - is that a word? - to something more. I wonder what alludes really means. That would be a great name for a big storm - maybe too big. Things have a way; or they don't. Sometimes old stuff doesn't stand the reality test anymore. A draconian approach would generate a storm on a calm beautiful day. This weather system is going to fizzle before it can cause anything, at least, in my area. But the salt trucks will be out there anyway, justifying their budgets. That's perhaps draconian. I guess I will look it up, maybe. Around here, with temps just below freezing - that's when the snow hits. Long range forecast is a lot of that. I've really been enjoying the warm weather. I would like more of that. yep, spring in only a 3 months. I really like spring.

Weather coverage is becoming big business...I suppose they need names to build the hype and drum up ratings? Either way, it will snow like any other snowfall, we'll move it out of our way, and go about our business like every winter before.

It's the moving part that I enjoy...gets me out of the house, and that's priceless. I let you guys get to me last nite, and put the blower on the HB-112, over a couple Corona's. I've only ever used it once, but the new place is much less prone to the wind like my last joint, so hopefully I stay somewhat dry. It gets parked the first time I take a face full though. I also added the dozer to the Serf as well...we'll see what that little guy can do.

Tim, I really want one of those 27" blowers. I got a few years to be patient and find one, but I'm on the hunt for sure! :P

Dateline 12/18/12 "Winter Storm "Draco" is taking shape over the Rockies this evening and on its way for the Great Lakes region. The path of this storm determines a lot in terms of what we will see Thursday evening in to Friday. Your welcome.
id="quote">

Potter. You know, the Colonel on M.A.S.H.

Gottcha!^ That Harry.

TMG...I own Three of them there serfs!:D Never plowed with one. The neighbors seem to get a giant thrill out of watching a 6'4" 250lb guy driving around on a 515. Just a little embarrassing :I:I

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

The neighbors seem to get a giant thrill out of watching a 6'4" 250lb guy driving around on a 515. Just a little embarrassing

id="quote">
id="quote">I was at Josh's a week or so ago and sat on his, which gave him a good chuckle. I'm just glad he didn't take a pic of it and post it on here. My girth made the Serf look like one of those little Shriner cars. Neet little machine though.

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

Gottcha!^ That Harry.TMG...I own Three of them there serfs!:D Never plowed with one. The neighbors seem to get a giant thrill out of watching a 6'4" 250lb guy driving around on a 515. Just a little embarrassing :I:I

id="quote">
id="quote">LOL!! EVERYONE looks like a giant on a Serf!!

That Serf was my Unicorn for a long time. Sounds funny to hear anyone say it as plural! 'Serfs'

I'm picturing a place where a bunch of grown men are driving around on shriner LT's. 4i Scary. 666 I'll have to review how the little tike does. It has boat loads of power for such a small machine, and with my arse and 93# of weight on the back, she outta push a bit. Trouble will be keeping those front tires on the gound.

LOL

Good thing they are solid rubber fronts (tires) otherwise who knows what would happen!!:o

Maybe we can get some of those shriner caps with the tassels and the web sites logo to wear while we are cutting grass on our Serfs(?). LOLdOd

It's looking to me like the only agency naming winter storms is The Weather Channel.

Nowhere else like Accuweather, or The National Weather Service are they naming winter storms.

NOAA hires scentists...they don't have the sense of humor to name each storm...TWC hires aspiring actors/actresses :x Makes for good TV, that's how they fill an entire channel on the telly.

EIDT: I apologize if anyone here is an anchor on The Weather Channel.

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

NOAA hires scentists...they don't have the sense of humor to name each storm...TWC hires aspiring actors/actresses :x Makes for good TV, that's how they fill an entire channel on the telly.EIDT: I apologize if anyone here is an anchor on The Weather Channel.

id="quote">
id="quote">Aspiring actors/actresses that stand out in the middle of severe weather and tell us how bad it is outside........"Back with sports after these messages from our local sponsors."

Round 1 Complete! Started pushing snow with the ATV and making room for more. I would say we have 5" of wet heavy snow by 5am in Pardeeville, WI. Another 12-15" yet to come by midnight says local media.

Raining here right now at 6:41.

Called the guy that works for us and drives clear from Dubuque each day to tell him not to come since there are blizzard warnings out. His phone must be off. Boy is he going to be po'ed when he gets to work ...:D

It started snowing here sometime early this morning. Got about 3" or so thus far. Supposed to keep snowing until around 4 p.m. It's snow, but from where I'm sitting I don't see where this is anything to justify the storm warnings that've been blasted throughout our local media over the past few days.