• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timflury

• bowhunt4life

• Talntedmrgreen

• huffy

quote:Between the end of the world and "Draco" there should be a population explosion in about nine months...........id="quote">
id="quote">

Darn it. Not only did I miss out on the better part of the storm of the century and the end of the world, but............:D

Ice,10 inches of snow and 52 MPH wind.

Started Wed Nite and lasted til midnight Thursday.

The drifts are like cement and with the ice underneath

makes for some miserable clearing.

Bah Humbug!!!

snowed (kinda) and heavy wet (kinda) all day Friday to achieve almost ground cover. Temps was +3. It melted almost as fast as it sneeed. 8)

then Friday nite, temps dropped and froze everything, including all the doors on my truck B) - inaccessible, really boring - and rather than bust the door handles off, I just went back to bed. This p.m. I opened the doors, thanks to sunshine.

Ground cover and some slippery roads.

Winds - wow - every now and then a big gust of wind. It reminded me a bit of the superstorm hurrycane - we got the tail end of that too - but even the tail end was fierce. we were lucky on that one.

Oh well, the days are getting longer now.

My dad braved my hilly driveway to visit me. When leaving he couldn't make the hill, ended up sideways on the driveway. Somehow he got turned enough to head down hill for a 2nd attempt, by driving over my lawn, and back on the driveway. 2nd launch was from a clear spot, and he made it out.

I said "Hey, Mister, that's some pretty fancy driving you're doing there. I couldn't do that" He didn't think it was too funny. No damage. No problem. It seems funny in hindsight watching his caddy cruise on my lawn. 8D He's not a quitter. I told him to use 2nd in the automatic - that worked - better grip. sm01

This weather should be illegal. - or something.

and - o yeh, the weather guys actually put up a wind warning also - bleh, no kidding, really?

Best weather report is radar map, and stick your nose outside the door.