Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mouse in da house

rokon2813

I recently acquired a late B10 from another club member.

I expected to part it out, so I didn't even want pictures. He told me it was in nice shape and I trusted him. Said it had no compression.

He delivered the straightest, cleanest original I have ever seen. The ribs aren't even worn off the rubber foot pads.

Somebody snagged the original hood T bolts and the b10 emblem off the grill but otherwise all there.:o;)

Threw a s/g on it, then I popped the head, a little PB blaster, and some tapping with a hammer freed the valve. Cleaned and adjusted the points, added a known good carb of my own, a fresh battery and some fresh gas and she purrs like a kitten.:D:D

Smokes a bit, but I'm thinking maybe its a stuck ring and will clear up soon.

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

Smokes a bit, but I'm thinking maybe its a stuck ring and will clear up soon.

id="quote">
id="quote">Give a few shots of ATF thru the spark hole. That might help.;)

Thanks Bob. I usually have good luck running some 2 stroke oil in the first tank of gas.:DJudging from the foot pads and the worn paint on the steering wheel, I don't think this has a great amount of hours on it.

12 18 B10 001.jpg

12 18 B10 002.jpg

12 18 B10 003.jpg

12 18 B10 006.jpg

12 18 B10 004.jpg

12 18 B10 005.jpg

57e05d57e3f8f_1218B10001.jpg.ee42a0c1ab04b5214a5f9ce6c24b1b7e.jpg

57e05d57f2e35_1218B10002.jpg.6ed6c44b404449de6c6c59fa8eb5a8f3.jpg

57e05d580974b_1218B10003.jpg.7f018b1f2bf4dccaebd49f17010273e5.jpg

57e05d5814964_1218B10006.jpg.c284eafc104e9ada429c61cd4b7bdb2d.jpg

57e05d581ee7e_1218B10004.jpg.ee1547ae6f222d66c55e62e73c9961a4.jpg

57e05d582ea26_1218B10005.jpg.24533b402848399fe4727395460e7993.jpg

I recently acquired a late B10 from another club member.I expected to part it out, so I didn't even want pictures. He told me it was in nice shape and I trusted him. Said it had no compression.He delivered the straightest, cleanest original I have ever seen. The ribs aren't even worn off the rubber foot pads.Somebody snagged the original hood T bolts and the b10 emblem off the grill but otherwise all there.:o;)Threw a s/g on it, then I popped the head, a little PB blaster, and some tapping with a hammer freed the valve. Cleaned and adjusted the points, added a known good carb of my own, a fresh battery and some fresh gas and she purrs like a kitten.:D:DSmokes a bit, but I'm thinking maybe its a stuck ring and will clear up soon.

id="quote">
id="quote">Run some Sea foam in the gas and it should unstick your rings.Great deal and supper find...wish it was me8D...Congrats!

Dan,

You can keep the renter. See if you can get any back rent out of him. I'm glad to hear you have it running and are keeping it in one piece.

quote:Originally posted by bowhunt4life

To clean to part out for sure.

id="quote">
id="quote">I agree, too nice to part out. I myself have taken a loss on several old tractors when I could have ebayed them in parts for a lot more money just because I hated to part them out! Call me old fashion or a preservationist!

I recently acquired a late B10 from another club member.I expected to part it out, so I didn't even want pictures. He told me it was in nice shape and I trusted him. Said it had no compression.He delivered the straightest, cleanest original I have ever seen. The ribs aren't even worn off the rubber foot pads.Somebody snagged the original hood T bolts and the b10 emblem off the grill but otherwise all there.:o;)Threw a s/g on it, then I popped the head, a little PB blaster, and some tapping with a hammer freed the valve. Cleaned and adjusted the points, added a known good carb of my own, a fresh battery and some fresh gas and she purrs like a kitten.:D:DSmokes a bit, but I'm thinking maybe its a stuck ring and will clear up soon.

id="quote">
id="quote">Nice story, Dan. I was expecting another mouse thread.I notice you had to add a few parts. Must be nice to just know what to do, and zoom zoom it's all done. I realize that's not how it is for me; but I keep learning more, and things are making more sense that they did a while back. I just find it a little amazing that you can just walk into a non-runner with confidence, and do what almost sounds like a ten-minute fix. It's more than that, I know. Having the parts handy - priceless. Thanks for sharing your experience.Because I thought it would be a mouse thread:I used to have a mouse problem due to a defective outside clothes dryer "vent screen". I trapped a herd of them and they kept coming. Fixed the dryer vent, problem solved.Couple a days ago, I was hearing sounds, ignored it as 'house noises'; and then remembered I had parked a 'live mouse trap' by Victor, behind my couch along the wall. This guy must have come in via front door while I was hauling groceries.I had been seeing (peripheral vision) little blurs moving - I have come to know what that means; and sure enough, the noise I was hearing was a mouse trying to chew his way out of this trap I had baited w peanut butter months ago. Held the plastic trap box up to a light, and there he was - a big one too. Live, no mess, no contact. A fascinating trap - easy entry - no escape - the mechanism is simple but ultra cool, very effective.This baby works. And it will trap up to 4 meeses. (about 6 bucks)http://www.victorpest.com/store/mouse-control/m333I washed the trap, and reloaded peanut butter, and put it back, out of sight, behind my living room couch against the wall - which is what they follow when touring the area.No more sounds since. sm01

Not quite 10 minutes, but under an hour :D

I have done a few 3 minute jobs on "non runners" in the past. :o:O

If i can't have a cast iron briggs running in under an hour, it won't run without parts or major work. May not run good, but I'll know why by then.}:)}:)

Amazing. I would likely need to run 3 threads here, read 4 manuals, and then get a helper. :D:D:D

Yeh, when they install that new ferry boat ride across the lake, I'm on it. Later. sm01

nice looking Allis ^. done many of them soaking down the exhaust valve. they sure do smoke for a bit afterwards. hopefully yours clears out .

If you can still find it Rislone engine cleaner poured through the carb while running overhauled a 16hp briggs "ready to throw a rod" for me several years ago.

The stuck valve sounds like my '64 Landlord No compression problem. Still running strong.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Darl Swartz
    • MikeES
    • PhanDad
    • BLT
    • Tom45
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts