Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Can I mix greases?

PurplePiston

I could use your advise, What type of grease do you use in your tractor wheel bearings, in your grease guns, etc? I have Super Tec. Moly Lithium grease and Mystik Hi Temp Multi purpose grease, NLGI No. 2. Does it matter if I mix these greases. The Lithium is in my gun and the Mystik in in a can. I packed the bearing with Mystik Multi purpose can I use the Lithium when greasing the zerts? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Mystik Hi Temp Multi purpose grease, NLGI No. 2.

Mystik grease?

and it's spelled like that? wow.

I gotta get me some of that. :D

I can't accurately answer your question. I would think the Moly Lithium is a better grease. I hope mixing greases is no problem - if it is, I'm screwed. 8)

quote:Originally posted by MysTiK

Mystik Hi Temp Multi purpose grease, NLGI No. 2.Mystik grease?and it's spelled like that? wow.I gotta get me some of that. :D 8)

id="quote">
id="quote">I have tubes of mystik also sm01 . I have a mixed batch of tubes and tubs, i just try and use a good grade all-purpose grease

8004147?$bv$

Over the years when I was home on the farm we used several different brands of grease. I don't see where grease is a problem, just be sure its a good quality. Oil is a different matter.

Thanks for the replies, Ken I used your chart and determined that the two greases are compatible. However it showed many greases are not compatible, bad things can happen. I started installing " Poor mans power steering" on my Sovereign. I noticed the roller bearings were quite small, the lithium grease is thicker than the Mystik hi-temp. I wanted to make sure those little rollers would all get grease. I like to do it right the first time, parts are to expensive to fail before their time just because of grease.

Thanx, Perry. I am just thrilled. 8) (I think). 8)(btw - I hakked your pix):D I wonder if they would like to sponsor me? :Dor Upgrade their logo? 4iJust think of the possibilities. crk8..sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00

Mystik grease2.jpg

sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 sm00 ..Does it come in AC-Orange too? We could fix that, huh.

57e05d589c29a_Mystikgrease2.jpg.2dfe4adb224b9814f766ce3156711bf1.jpg

I like to follow Zippo's lead, and use a good Marine Grade grease. If it's good enough for outboard motor lube, It should be good for all those low

speed rotating parts on our tractors splashing through puddles and swales!

Wayne