Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Do any of you have crappy neighbors, too?

DanD

Well, I was out at work all day and couldn't wait to get home to get on the Sovereign and have fun blowing snow. When I got home I found that my neighbor across the street had come and cleaned out all the other neighbors' driveways including mine before we got home from work! So, instead of getting home to a driveway full of snow and fun with the blower, it was already cleaned out! What a bummer!

(In all seriousness, I'm not really complaining, but I do really like running the blower. I hope to have this kind of neighbor when I'm 95)

Well if you were my neighbors you would be able to do your own. Cause there far enough down the road and I'm not going to drive that far since when we clean out ours the roads are to nasty then to so I would have to clear the road to get to them. But now if I was in town all the people would have clean drives. One can always use a helping hand when weather is cold. But like I know if one of my 3 neighbors would ask I know I would be there in time to have it cleaned up for them.

Man, I was all ready to tell you all about my crazy hoarder neighbors that have 15 people shoved into two trailers homes parked like an L, complete with cows and sheep in a pen between them. Or the ones to the north with 4 kids between him and his 35 year younger wife...every single one of them with a full on mullet, including the 2 year old!

I can deal with that, but I'd be down right upset if somebody took away my snowblow'in time! sm03

It's been known that my neighbors retaliate by setting a bottle of Baileys or 24 friends of the Miller family in breezeway to show their crabbiness, but I forge on.^

Hey I'm out very early, and the 4-5 neighbors like what I do. Not the "libation" Bob gets, but the 10# of chocolate chip cookies go a long way. Plus I become the hoarder of them.....

quote:Originally posted by JohnMBerst

Hey I'm out very early, and the 4-5 neighbors like what I do. Not the "libation" Bob gets, but the 10# of chocolate chip cookies go a long way. Plus I become the hoarder of them.....

id="quote">
id="quote">That works also!dOd

My next door neighbor is a neat freak.

I had my driveway cleared before he did. Take THAT!!

My other neighbor is the opposite, and now she drives on a 2" thick block of ice. And she won't ask for help, nor will she render a "thank you" for clearing her driveway.

The neighbor to the north of me sold her house and went

to a nursing home and the neighbor to the south had a guy

with a pick-up and blade do his. I won't complain about that

we got about 10 inches if snow and 52 MPH winds so it's about

like cement,I forgot it also Icy underneath.

To top things the gov on my blower tractor don't work,even

after I adjusted it.

When I read the title I thought you meant, like the thief I have near by. He know's better than steal from me though. I have told him I will shoot thieves at my place .

I'd love to have a neighbor like that and one with a tractor that could feed my cattle and goats then all I'd have to do is keep the woodstove and the fireplace burning.

kinda all comes down to that. whatever else. whatever it takes. whatever way it goes. keep the home fires burning.

rest. warmth. comfort. peace.

".... and to all a good night".

I'm the new kid on the block, and since we've yet to have any snow, I'm not sure what to expect. My nearest neighbors (there are 8 homes on the street) are busy bodies. I'm hoping they leave me be. I've heard rumors of the 'neighbor who snowblows everyone's driveway'. I'm on the end of the street, so hopefully, I'm last on his list. I'm so low on seat time, it hurts. If I have to, I'll even take on the bike path adjacent to our property. I need to burn some gas, badly.

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I'm the new kid on the block, and since we've yet to have any snow, I'm not sure what to expect. My nearest neighbors (there are 8 homes on the street) are busy bodies. I'm hoping they leave me be. I've heard rumors of the 'neighbor who snowblows everyone's driveway'. I'm on the end of the street, so hopefully, I'm last on his list. I'm so low on seat time, it hurts. If I have to, I'll even take on the bike path adjacent to our property. I need to burn some gas, badly.

id="quote">
id="quote">if they have seen your collection sitting out front they should be scared .....:D you pretty much have everything covered for snow removal . careful you could become the new kid on the block clearing everyone's drive ;)

I have a retired neighbor with a long steep drive. I started clearing his driveway a few winters ago. They always stop with a case of beer at least once during the winter, and this year after the heavy, wet, snow storm they came by with the beer and a gift card for $25 for gas. Last year Mr. Hribar's daughter left me a gift card and a few drink chips for the local pub.

I enjoy it, and most acknowledge the help.

My neighbor has a JD 585 4 X 4 with a cozy cab and heater. I don't mind it at all when he stops by when the wind is blowing and its 5 above and he cleans the driveway. Course I still have to load up and go to town and clear the sidewalks for a dozen lots here and there. Trying to find another Prestige that I could put a cab on and leave it on year-a-round.:D

?? What is a neighbor? !!!!! LOL. Ours are not close enough to bother trying to be the driveway cleaning guy. Also still no snow yet this winter.dOd Dave

Geez, some of you guys are lucky with your gifts. I've got a neighbor who I help after bigger storms (he only has a shovel and just drives over lighter snow on the gravel part of his drive).

His wife brought over a Poinsettia before Christmas. Just what I wanted!!!! I guess it's the thought that counts, however (and I didn't have to buy my wife a Poinsettia).