Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7016 quit while moving snow today... :-(

YellowB10

I was going along just fine for 1.5 hrs...Then it quit. Fuel is fine. Motor turns over(16hp B&S), has spark at the points. No spark at the plug. Wiring looks to be OK. Thoughts? Im considering putting an auto coil on it and bypassing the existing. Anyone the schematic for doing this? I know Ive seen it, but cant find it anywhere on here...!

quote:Originally posted by YellowB10

Thank you sir.. exactly what I was looking for!

id="quote">
id="quote">Did you try a different spark plug? Statistics show that plug failure is 95% of electrical problems.

I did use the Briggs tester that you hook the plug wire on to, then ground it... didnt see a spark there either.. before i really dig, Ill check the plug again...

quote:Originally posted by YellowB10

has spark at the points

id="quote">
id="quote">What did you observe that led to the above statement??I would try cleaning the points and a new or know good condenser, before you go to the Kohler coil.You might also try a NOVA II module, which eliminates the points and condenser. If the orginal coil is good, the NOVA II will solve the problem.I like the Kohler coil setup on the CI Briggs engines, but the points and condenser have to be good for it to work.John UJohn U