Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1971 Yeoman

2007drh

My oldest son and I have acquired what we have identified as a 1971 Simplicity 645 Yeoman. The motor is newer, and is an 8hp Briggs. The tractor is in great shape.

Unfortunately when trying to shift it, the bushing that holds the shifter in place came out.

Does anyone have a manual for one of these laying around? Or even better, have one of those cupped bushing?

My boy wants to use it for pulling. I think I'm gonna throw a plow on it during the winter.

Hi and welcome to the site. There are a ton of great guys who have the answers you seek . Please feel free to post some pics of your tractor as we all enjoy them as much as the post itself.

Someone will be along shortly with the info you need.

Wiz

101042 is that part I am looking for! From what I can tell, I am going to have to make it. Anyone have to "engineer" these before? I have a couple ideas, but if someone has already done it, please save me the frustration. Thanks a lot JFrank. That manual is going to come in handy.