Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Englander Medallion

rokon2813

Anyone ever seen one of these or know anything about it?Numbers on the Briggs say it was built in 84. Can't find anyone that has ever heard of it.It appears to me to be a MTD product.I think the all chrome grill is worth more than the whole tractor. :D

medal 1.jpg

medal 2.jpg

medal 3.jpg

57e0574a6fc55_medal1.jpg.2da916a69cb37fa8655398adfc49e6af.jpg

57e0574a90797_medal2.jpg.ee8b682ce039f07a52edf50682145ac7.jpg

57e0574ac41e7_medal3.jpg.c1f873de8fab9c2b252510f14d327d09.jpg

Never heard of New Englander. Perhaps from the era when MTD actually made tractors, such as the 990's - those got branded with names like White, Columbia, Dayton, FarmBoss, YardBoss, 990, 900, other names/models too. All of them pretty esoteric now. And some were just economy models. Getting info on those is no picnic. Perhaps an email to MTD customer service/support might generate something. (?)New 1976 Dayton MTD 990

990 - 1976 MTD 990 tractor-NEW.jpg

57e05d59e31bb_990-1976MTD990tractor-NEW.jpg.3b07bcf5900023f1fdd6a58304370212.jpg

I am in the process of parting a MTD twelve hundred right now. thinking about a 1968 and has no safety switches :D. drive shaft driven deck. it's well built tractor for a MTD and has a 12hp Briggs.

3n63I83Fd5N35Jf5M3ccg51297586a8931e39.jpg

3E43M73J85Id5F95Jeccgcc0084fea7351d57.jpg

http://www.outdoordistributors.com/mtddoor.htm

MTD has manufactured mowers and lawn and garden equipment for the following brands / stores.
id="quote">

= site shows a large list of numbers/stores/distributors =

Pretty hard search, this one. :D

ALSO

found this - with talk of 5-lug rear wheels, etc. - if it has GT wheels, it could be related to a 900-series, or the one Perry has. maybe maybe maybe.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=176872

some pix on this one.

Originally posted by goatfarmer
quote:
id="quote">I looked at that post. That tractor looks larger, the one here has the tank under the hood, that one has a fill hole under the seat, ours has no grill braces, 20" rear tires slid onto the shaft, and I'm not real sure about his being an 11/38. 11 hp opposed twin??Sentry around here was a hardware store, so that is a possibility.By coincidence, I looked up New Englander Power Products just for giggles, and they came up. The first picture I found on their website was a showroom full of Simplicity's :D:D

I only posted that link cos there was just nothing else available. I don't consider that forum reliable for anything, except banning people with a brain, which apparently is unacceptable there, in my neveragain experience. - and that says it all.

I tried several searches -> list of irrelevant results - again.... to be expected due to the words "New England" and "Medallion"

- lots of historical, cultural, literary, etc.

But yeh, what I posted peobably little help - there just wasn't anything else to post.

I still suggest try contact MTD 8)

That worked for me once before - the support center was in Kitchener, ON. It was about a crapsman manual, they had it, and I posted on that nobrain forum - for a year afterwards, people were emailing me requesting that manual. sm00sm00 I had grand delusions about the tractor. In those days, I did not know what a GT was, never mind a real, or true, GT.

BTW - I checked and no longer have the contact email to mtd support.

Pretty cool...looks rare??

I think MDT made (makes) mowers for many suppliers & stores. So you see alot of what I call "Lumberyard-Hardware Store Brands". Is that one of these?

I've seen quite a few of those types of "11/38" tractors branded under numerous brands. Anything from Wizzard (Western-Auto) to your standard issue MTD. All were lightwheight models in the 38" deck size and smaller hp range.