Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

shovelhead

Loader on Craigslist

shovelhead

Can anyone give me any info on this loader. I called to see what make and model but the say there is no tag. Just looking I can see its not like what I have on my B-10 or any pictures on here. Thought someone might be able to make a ID on it and tell me if it could be modified to work on Allis. Its only 15 miles from me and thought I would go take a look. Its only the frame and bucket nothing else. Seemed to be priced to high but thought I would try to bring them down if I could make it work on something. Thanks

Here is the link:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/3491822023.html

GregB

My opinion, way over priced. No valve , cylinders, bucket has been modified, bolts at the top pivot instead of pins.......

Would need quite a bit of modification, steel is expensive these days. Anythings possible though.

shovelhead

Ryan,..your numbers are what I figured also. To me if I can make a functional loader for $700 - $800 that would be a good thing. Any type of attachments around here is hard to find especially a loader. Also would have about $10 in gas going after it. I went 250 miles one way for a tiller once...Like I said hard to find anything around here...LOL.

Thanks for the advice.8D

littlemarv

Things have dried up here in central WI.,I picked up a blade, a moldboard plow, and a tiller fairly easily. I'm always scanning for more attachments but the ones I don't have are rare and seems people know what their worth.

But in the back of my mind, I KNOW there is a weedcutter, loader, and sickle mower just sitting out in the weeds if I just keep my eyes and ears open.

At least thats what I keep telling myself...

Chris727

The bucket doesn't look to have been made deep enough. I suspect the entire loader is homemade. I would probably pass too, but then as you say there its rare for LGT stuff to show up in your neck of the woods.

acfarmer

Its built better than most factory loaders but even with a 1000$ into it,it would still be pretty good to have and he did say OBO in the ad.If I got it I would mount it on a Sunstar which I have been wanting to put a loader on one of mine.

shovelhead

Thanks guys for the input. I haven't made it over there to take a look but with all said I think I will pass and save my gas on even going to look. Thought it might have been a name brand frame and worth looking at.

This guy told me on the phone that he went up to Minnesota and bought two of these at a sale. He made the other one work on a John Deere and is selling this one. Anyway this is what I needed was some advice on buying.

Thanks again,

Dennis Robb 8D