Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Some before and after pics

eugenedrago

Thanks Perry! I always love to take on some sort of winter project and this was last years. Unfortunately I probably wont get to restore some of the implements that came with her this winter. I have got to finish a couple of bedrooms I gutted a loooong time ago, or I may find myself being single by spring. lol. It's really cool to have people give the thumbs up when driving by when I am on her. Makes it all worth it. They are neat little tractors! Thank you for the remark. G.

Mine worked and the pics are awesome, I love the old vs new pic from the same angle...lots of prior proper planning involved. jh

Thanks jh. I posted those on fb and not one mention of the old vs new pics. Now I know I am on the right sight with people who get it. ;)

Very nice, by the way there feel free to join this group, Allis Chalmers/ Simplicity Garden tractors on FB. There are a few of us that are there!

Beautiful. I love it. Just the inspiration I was looking for on my unit.

I can post up all the pictures for you if you'd like. They're completely worth viewing.

I have a few questions for you if you have time:

1. what year make model is that?

2. what all did you do to prep for paint?

3. how did you paint it? rattle can? pro sprayer?

4. what colors did you use?

If there's a thread here where you explain all of this let me know.

I'm doing a restoration right now and it looks a lot like your "before" pics. I'm just getting her healthy first, then I'll make her beautiful.

-Kevin

Hey Kevin, Glad I could be of some inspiration!!!

This is a 1961 Montgomery Wards Garden Mark Squire. The paint I used is from rattle can. I use Rustoleum primer with a top coat of Chevy orange-red part number DE1607 from Dupli-Color. I also used Rustoleum antique white on the white areas.

To answer you question on prepping for paint, this is where the time and labor is grotesquely spent lol. I clean, clean, clean and then clean again. I use whatever technique I need to get what I call "hospital clean" surfaces. This may include pressure washings and really good degreaser's and lots of elbow grease, time and scrub pads. Some parts I did sand blast but not many.

I hope this helps. Than you for your interest and feel free to contact me for any questions I may help you with.

Gene

I saw these pics...VERY NICE JOB! I would love to see more. I hope you can find help with the pic posting process...If I can do it anyone can. (But my son had to teach me) Welcome to the club sm01

quote:Originally posted by JoggerFogger

Before:

403074_2931668204069_757461575_n.jpg

After:

431098_2931671524152_1724188815_n.jpg

id="quote">
id="quote">