Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Powder Coated Snow Blade Finished

Steve72

Got my blade back and mounted, looks OK--but not as close in color as I hoped it would be. The powder coated "sample cat yellow" color I saw was more yellow vs mustard---but hey--not complaining--OK maybe a little... Learned my lesson--now will see how long it lasts compared to paint. With new ss hardware, looks good in dim/no light:)!!

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG.250ea95a215d0789eb7eb3f5435479e7.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG.eb04d25fabf984310a1fa0c5d0ff9ae7.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG.f6dc734812d3b74292bbff19bc6e75d8.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG.95cd451e7b1bd8d29bd84cedb9f257d8.JPG

The whole package looks nice, based on the timing of completion it deserves a nice bow on the hood!

Merry Christmas!

Hey Steve, that looks a whole lot nicer than the last time I saw it!8D8D Amazing how these old things can be brought back to as good as or better than new.

I did the shute on my blower for the allis 720 and it has been holding up nice.It really helps that the snow does not stick.Last week with all the wet snow I still had problems wit pluging up. That powerder coating should last a long time,

Not real sure about powder coating but as usual, its all in the prep work! I was looking at a utility trailer a few years back and the salesman was giving me a big speech about durability of powder coating. After a 5 min narration about how strong powder coating is the salesman produces a large open ended wrench from his back pocket and smacks the trailer on the side rail to demonstrate what he was trying to sell me and a large smattering of paint chips fly off of the trailer smack dab into my right eye....needless to say I was P.O.d and thanked the salesman for the eye injury and walked away just as the salesman offered me the trailer at a 20% discount. I went straight to a local competitor and bought aluminum!;)

I think the blade surface will work great for snow, but I'd watch the mechanism and mounting points. I would think that those areas will chip and then flake in short order. Not only do they take a lot of wear and shock, but they are the hardest parts to properly prep before application (thinking about all the nooks and crannies in the pivot/angle area).

Couple of questions as a newbie with my B110 and blade. Does the stinger weight help in raising the blade? My arm gets tired after a lot of pulling the thing up. Also, how well do the triple rib ag tires up front help turn in snow? I spend all my time sliding in a straight line.

B110guy

Originally posted by B110guy

Couple of questions as a newbie with my B110 and blade. Does the stinger weight help in raising the blade? My arm gets tired after a lot of pulling the thing up.B110guy

id="quote">They work amazingly well, especially with a little weight over them, from a dozer or blower

I see a beautifully posed tractor, super clean, super shiny. I see a dozer blade with SS-bling that looks better than new. I see more pix of a well-equipped tractor that clearly demonstrates the owner's intent to maximize it. Thanks for sharing your efforts.1st in GT class1st in Attachment class1st overall - Best in Show.8D

IMG_1211.JPG

but that's just me. :D If I owned it, I would have to throw mud at it, just so I could use it. I doubt you have that problem. Thanx for shares, Steve. dOd Well done. Well photographed. Well presented. Enjoy using it. It doesn't get any better than that. And congratulations on being able to do this. Maybe that's the best part. My own standards are necessarily lower; but I dream and envision: maybe someday. Cheers. And I agree with Wayne; you could put a bow on it. That might be better than mud. hmmmm. What a concept! sm01

Question, am I seeing the picture properly in that there is a mechanism for you to change the angle of the blade while sitting on the tractor? I am new to these machines so very much in the learning curve on what's out there.

Gene,

It depends on the blade. That said this blade does have the ability to angle it from the seat. I have both and once I got the one that could be angled from the seat I have never used the other one.

Rick.......

Thanks for all the nice comments--nice way to end a great day---and a foot of snow on the way!! Hope everyone had a wonderful day!

GL--a decal definitely would top it off---not sure what is supposed to go on it--hoping someone let's me know.

John---real glad you like it and thanks again for selling it to me!!

B110 Guy--Josh is correct--stinger adds weight and counter-weight at the same time---and front tri's work great!

Mystik---thanks for the 1st place ribbons---didn't get many as a kid so like'm even better now!! Alice does ask for---and gets muddy quite often--just doesn't like her picture taken till she's had her bath!