Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3416H muffler

bissen83

Welcome Thomas! You may very well be our only visitor from Denmark! Simplicity part #2170456 shows up as obsolete, but you may find one such palces as ebay, etc. Someone may chime in with info on the guts of the muffer. There's a great muffler build here, which could lend some ideas:

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=121366&SearchTerms=muffler,build

Thanks for the fast reply. It´s a honnor to be the only visitor from Denmark :) I didn´t get any luck at searcing at ebay, maybe it´s also cheaper to build my own. Onfortunaly i don´t have the stock muffler, it wasn´t on the tractor when i got it, so i can´t just open it and look inside. Great link, maybe i can get some ideas.

goatfarmer do you have a picture of this muffler.

By the way is the 3416H sovereign a common or rare tractor in the States, and how many is build? I never seen one in Denmark before i got mine.

Welcome to the club. Your not quite the first, but pretty close.

Some of the old timers might remember Tue. He is from Broager, Denmark but hasn't posted in almost 3 years. I also vaguely remember some named something like Gerhardt. I thought he was from Denmark too but not positive.

So you might not be the first, but definitely the only active member from Denmark :D:D

Regardless, we are happy to welcome everyone. Enjoy.

Interestingly enough, about 4 days ago I was asked if I would ship to Denmark. :o

I traveled Europe, backpacking, in the 70's. I met a lot of people from everywhere. But some people that stood out as fine human beings, and great representatives of their country, were from Denmark. The people I met spoke English, and I could have sworn they were Canadian, maybe the accent, or lack of, was the same. Just some fond memories. I never visited Denmark; but I have often thought it would be a great country to visit, especially for an extended stay. I only know that you have a great culture, it's founded in the reality of human experience. I can't explain how I simply know that - just all the right impressions. A lot of that is simple humility. The Danes I met were like meeting old friends. I wish I could go back in time and do that again. Perhaps, the future. What a concept!

Welcome to simpletractors. dOdsm01

Hey. Just a little update on the muffler project, and thanks to all the great inputs, it was very helpful. I ended up buying one from eBay, someone from this forum (I don´t remember his name) posted a reply with a link to eBay on a Allis Chalmers 716 muffler, the reply seems to be deleted now, but anyway thanks to him. I can´t wait to get it to Denmark. :)

MysTiK: That is really nice to hear, i think the same about americans, a few years ago i worked as electrician on cruise ships, and the americans where all very open and friendly, i definitely have to go back some day.

Yes, travelling is amazing. I was in Europe for 5 months. I really enjoyed Scotland, Greece, Italy, and Amsterdam. Ever hear of the Melk Veg in A'dam? 8D

The 716 is pretty similar, not identical, but close enough that some minor modification should be ok. It's important that the exhaust exit the hole in the hood, so you don't get heat buildup under the hood, or cause cooling problems. Keeping the cooling air flows, via the "tins" around the engine, clear and clean, is also good.

You can get manuals free from Simplicity site - you only need the MFR number - usually 1690xxx or 990xxx.

Yours is probably 990871 = MFR

Type that number in the box HERE:

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/

to get,

Sovereign Yard & Garden Tractors - Model # 990871

Operator's Manual

Also:

Large Frame Repair Manual:

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=ifDDFO9jwJ9iGclRzOfEP5NRQpe

have fun with that. 8D

If you have questions anytime:

come here and ask. sm03

plus

This place never closes. dOd

Peace.

I believe that the 3400 series uses the same muffler as the 7000 series Simplicity and the 700 series Allis Chalmers (if it's the same engine brand). That my help to find one on E-Bay, Craigslist, or Amazon, etc...

Good luck & Welcome to the club sm01

PS...are there alot of these tractors over there?

Thank for the great manuals, just what i needed. It will make the assembly of the transmission and hydro much easier. You should think you could read my mind, cause right now i'm replacing all the bearings and oil seals, it was dripping on my new garage floor!!! But now i have to find new bearings and oil seals and filter for the hydro. It seems to be a little expensive, i think i have to look some more at the Internet.