Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Plowing with the Big Ten

DaveTenney

Supposed to get 12" of snow...BOY AM I EXCITED!!!I was a little apprehensive about not having the chains on it, but the AG's seem to dig right in.I also attached a picture of my new tractor barn...20x24. Been working on it since October, and just the doors on yesterday.Dave

IMG_0740.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG.8ac5ef4b1cc4ff103b14012f20af12a6.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG.04cb149ee4d246491387662053c49a51.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG.bfcb73ab511fe13ecdef09ede7c47ae7.JPG

Dave,

Like the handle modification on the 46" blade control rod, And that is one really good looking barn! sm01

Wayneid="Book Antiqua">id="size4">

gotta love plowin with a round hood tractor! i love plowin snow with the B 10! you have a very nice tractor there!

hope you get to have lots of seat time this winter!

great looking tractor ^

I have no luck with AG's for snow plow. it's extreme plowing here . turf tires, weights and chains are a must.

quote:Originally posted by perry

great looking tractor ^ I have no luck with AG's for snow plow. it's extreme plowing here . turf tires, weights and chains are a must.

id="quote">
id="quote">Mmhhmm... Me too. Ag's are alright in loose snow, but I'd be stuck at the bottom of my drive without chains. I was pushing uphill last nite with no slip at all, and thinking about my AG's and how silly I'd look to the neighbors trying that task without chaining up.I recently tightened that hydrolift belt, added a new drive belt, and adjusted my clutch/brake on the B-110, and wow, was that thing pushin like a dream! I hadn't realized how much I'd let things go...so much fun with the old B's when they are setup properly!

Hopefully I can put chains on the AG's...I have not tried it yet.

The deck on the side of the barn will get steps that lead down to the ground. I do deer hunt, but will probably groundhog hunt from there!

I made my plow lift rod from a RBT Rod that had the spring on it and a piece of an old shotgun barrel. Works pretty good.

Dave

That is a beautiful Tractor!! and your new Barn makes me sick with envy sm06sm06

I have always wanted a shop with a loft or upper level for storage/lounge/office/or whatever...Lucky dog dOd

quote:Originally posted by DaveTenney

Hopefully I can put chains on the AG's...I have not tried it yet. Dave

id="quote">
id="quote">I believe you need the X-pattern chains so they dont drop in between the lugs. i have never used chains on AG's

Wow, the first impression from your barn was pretty strong. Excellent. I also like the possibilities of the upper loft area. sm01 That looks like a steel roof, yes? Big slider doors. Just great. Good timing on the doors too. 8D And a nice home for your tractor, etc. etc.

Wow a shotgun barrel?? EXCELLENT idea. I fixed my favorite st-crois fishing rod with a golf club, but yours works and mine plays;) good job