Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
PeppyDan

Spacers for loader

PeppyDan

I am currently stocking the 6 3/4" dual wheel spacers and was recently questioned about the availablity of the loader spacers so I am planning to get a batch of these made as well. Could someone tell me the exact measurement from the outside to outside of the flanges. Also I am willing to take preorders to get a better idea of how many I need to order. I suspect the cost would be the same as the 6 3/4" spacers which is $100 per set plus shipping and the quality would be very good with laser cut flanges, ends of tubes machined square in a lathe and welded by a certified welder.

How many people would like to preorder a set of these with no money due untill I am ready to ship them to you which would probably be about 6-8 weeks.

Thanks,

Dan

PeppyDan

Thanks for the measurement! I forgot to ask earlier but does the center hole measure 1 1/2" on the small side? Hoped there would be more interest in these and believe the factory bolted these together with the 6 3/4" spacers for use with the 23x 8.50-12 tires for some awesome looking "meats" on the back of these tractors!

Dan

Talntedmrgreen
quote:Originally posted by PeppyDan

Thanks for the measurement! I forgot to ask earlier but does the center hole measure 1 1/2" on the small side?

id="quote">
id="quote">Not sure I follow you here. They are identical to my dual wheel spacers, except for their length. I will run a 6" as a dual, but not a fan of two sets of 8.5's...that gets real wide, and I'd think the snap of an axle tube would be inevitable. I certainly wouldn't run 8.5" duals AND spacers. MAYBE with two sets of 6", and really only for appearance. I ran 1 3/4" spacers with 6" outside 8.5" tires when I first setup my L10 loader machine. I was shooting for the OEM look, as the dual wheel kit offered 6" AG's, but didn't care for driving around that wide. Maybe at a show, but then the machine takes up a lot of real estate on the trailer.My favorite dual look is 6" AG's outside the old, original Schenuit 6" turfs, like mfg #990213.DualKit700_zps7eff8262.jpg

PeppyDan
quote:Not sure I follow you here. They are identical to my dual wheel spacers, except for their length. id="quote">
id="quote">The orgininal 6 3/4" spacers I used as the template have a 1 1/2" hole on one end and 3" opening on the other end.

PC230548.JPG

Thanks for the help!Dan

PC230548.JPG.3ecc206935281416f87a276eea3238c0.JPG

Talntedmrgreen

None of my spacer/adapters have had the 1.5" hole. I have had 3 sets of the dual adapters, one NOS, which would have been from the AC 300/400 era. One set come on a 725, and the other, I assumed is B series era. The loader spacers are the same...end plates look identical to my dual adapters.

The ones above on the right actually don't look exactly like my spacers either. On mine, one end had the tube protruding through (see pic), and slightly past the plate, and was welded on the rim side. The other end did not pass through, and was welded as yours are.

Here's my NOS set...I'll look for more spacer pics in my files. Other mfg's used the same design, perhaps the 1.5" hole variety was Cub or Bolens, etc?

IMAG0534_zps774fea1b.jpg

IMAG0536_zps817afb45.jpg

Talntedmrgreen

Here's another set...I still run these. The pics were for other purposes, but you can see the welds are the same as the NOS set. Don't have any of the end plates on these.

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

PeppyDan

Thanks for the pics and information guys! Maybe mine were from a different brand or maybe they were very early and Simplicity later they simplified the process by making both ends similar. Does anyone else have pics of original dual wheel spacers?

Thanks,

Dan