Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

dual wheels

jackmcl123

I had a set made for me. They rolled 2" flat stock in a circle that fits in the lip of the rims. Then bolt together with carrige bolts thru the hole for weights.

quote:Originally posted by Robert Kehoe

I had a set made for me. They rolled 2" flat stock in a circle that fits in the lip of the rims. Then bolt together with carrige bolts thru the hole for weights.

id="quote">
id="quote">Miller Tire sells something similar: http://www.millertire.com/products/wheels/parts/dual-spacers/12-dual-wheel-spacer-kit-with-8-bolts/

Originally posted by huffy

Exactly what type of help are you looking for? You just need spacers and another set of wheels/tires to make it a dual.[/did not realize they were bolted together i figured welded.quote]

These are done with a simple circle of plywood just inside the edge of the rims, then bolted with 4 carriage bolts. The tires are nearly touching.I've also done it with just a length of pipe over each carriage bolt between the rims.My brother wanted more space between his, he used 2 circles of plywood with 2 half circles of 2 x 8 sandwiched between. Gave him about 2" between the tires. With 2 sets of 23 x 8.50's his B110 was about 54" wide :D

truck 001.jpg

truck 004.jpg

57e05d601daff_truck001.jpg.50f95013c4adeae4361d29a4c22610fc.jpg

57e05d602a8c3_truck004.jpg.f641830004f3fc4d1abd4dca590e3949.jpg

^ that is one cool rig, i want to see more of that!

also does anyone know if you have the duals setup with skinny wheels on the outside does that help more or less then a standard wheel out there?

quote:Originally posted by dirtmister16

^ that is one cool rig, i want to see more of that! also does anyone know if you have the duals setup with skinny wheels on the outside does that help more or less then a standard wheel out there?

id="quote">
id="quote">http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=118064&SearchTerms=you+asked

quote:Originally posted by dirtmister16

also does anyone know if you have the duals setup with skinny wheels on the outside does that help more or less then a standard wheel out there?

id="quote">
id="quote">I wouldn't want to run anything wider than a 6" outside...notice Perry and Dan each are running the narrower, 6-12's. 8.5's get real wide, and put a lot of leverage against that axle. Be careful where you go with them...they will crack your axle tube on uneven terrain.I tube all my 6" rim/tires, and run them nearly flat, when setup as duals.IMAG0967.jpgPerry, that B looks like a freakin animal! :P

thank you for the info. thats what i was looking for. see i noticed the dual wheels on the allis page for options or accesories, that they were narrow wheels and tires so thats what made me wonder.

i have a set of narrow wheels that i belive to be the same pattern that i saved just for that use. im buying a set of dual wheel adaptors from peppydan and was wondering what was best.

thank you again.

duals are more for floatation on soft ground than for traction.

They effectively double your "footprint" on the ground, therefor cutting the pounds per square inch in half equaling half the traction

On a garden tractor they do pretty much nothing but LOOK COOL:D:D

Yeah, I would never use them in the snow...you would be taking a step backward in the traction dept. Simplicity offered them to aid in stability on crosshill operation and for early loader use.

The saw is a Brush and Log saw with Cradle, for Simplicity walk behind tractors. Fellow member ReedS gave me the needed tips to mount and operate it off the rear of these tractors, using a tiller PTO. I picked this one up, NOS and only use it as a showpiece.

Here's Reed's post...

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=54039&SearchTerms=log,saw