Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GLPointon

Rear Work Light

GLPointon

I'm having trouble finding a Rear Work light for a couple of my newly aquired tractors. For yrs I've found them at Farm-&-Fleet or TSC, but now none of them have the hollow bolt to run the wire thru (all Chineese knock-offs...go figure) anybody know of a reasonable priced version with the hollow bolt???

Thanks sm01

huffy

Greg:

I bought a light from NAPA and just drilled a hole through the bolt and chamfered the edges of the drilled hole with a Dremel so there was no sharp edge to wear through the wire insulation. Fast and easy. I'd post pics, but I'm down south for the holidays.

GLPointon

I'm not sure what you mean Bob, I need a light with the hollow bolt so I can run the power wire up to the lamp without drilling another hole into the fender. I cant seem to find the lights with the "hollow bolt"

quote:Originally posted by BLT

You can also buy wire grommets and an Ace or True Value or whatever hardware store and get the center hole small enough where it will snug up the wire.

id="quote">
id="quote">

midnightpumpkin
quote:Originally posted by skunkhome

I attach my fender mounted lamps using a common hollow threaded ferrel for a table lamp. Buy them in the electrical dept at Lowes or HD.

id="quote">
id="quote">Greg, Use one of these, or similar, remove the stud, and replace it with a hollow threaded ferrel as Phil suggested???http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt-halogen-vehicle-work-light-93904.html