Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

First B10 Restoration

RandyBuxton

Just got my new (?) B10 home today and tucked away in the garage. With the blade and tiller for $600. Maybe a little pricey but too late now. ;) Starter works, engine purrs beautifully. A fair amount of rust that the sandblaster will make short work of. After helping my son restore his B110 I thought I'd give it a shot by myself.

B10 Right.jpg

57e0574e58e2e_B10Right.jpg.1093a336a23944d87e191161c4817015.jpg

i was looking at that tractor on craigslist it is a bit pricy but for a tiller sprig trip blade and wheel weights is pretty good

WECOME to the club!!

Wheel weights are worth an easy 150.00 . Great starter tractor for restore.SWEEEEET! Thanks for saving another nice old tractor and NOT parting it out!

fishnwiz

....and a new whatever-you-call-the-thing on the bottom of the plow (replaceable),, fellow says that cost $80 bucks right there. And a good as new heavy duty voltage regulator.

I'm thinking I got a good buy. We'll see when I get into dismantling it.

Oh the fun!

New Scraper bar replacement...Nice! As long as your happy, who cares what we think! You got a lot of extras for the money...nice buy!

LET THE FUN BEGIN...Take a lot of pics to share with us!

I value opinions good, bad, or otherwise! And I'll be taking plenty of pictures.

Now, for starters,,,, I have a question about sandblasting and painting the engine. I presume it can be sandblasted. What must I take apart in order to do so? And any references or pictorials from members that have done this before would be great. And about the painting,,, anything special need be done beyond priming and painting? Special paint?

Thanks all!

Looks like you have a rear stinger weight too. I believe there are some donut weights in the classifieds and on ebay.

Welcome.

This is how I would have listed it for sale:

Nice looking B10, runs great

includes;

46" Dozer Blade

Tiller attachment

Tiller PTO assy.

Wheel Weights and Chains

Rear Stinger

OEM Headlight kit

extras....the dozer blade has new cutter bar and also has the angle rod & bracket (rare, usually gone)

OEM Seat/frame

That $600 dont seem quite so high now does it??

sm01 Nice find dOd

very nice, not a bad price a running driving tractor with all the extras.

i paid 400 for a big ten that came with a snowblower, deck and off color paint job. but it was a good little runner when i finished rebuilding the carb and some wiring.

quote:Originally posted by RandyBuxton

I value opinions good, bad, or otherwise! And I'll be taking plenty of pictures. Now, for starters,,,, I have a question about sandblasting and painting the engine. I presume it can be sandblasted. What must I take apart in order to do so? And any references or pictorials from members that have done this before would be great. And about the painting,,, anything special need be done beyond priming and painting? Special paint?Thanks all!

id="quote">
id="quote">So long as you're content with what you paid, don't worry if anyone else here thinks you got a good deal. I don't sandblast the motors when I rebuild them, but instead have them cleaned at the machine shop. I don't see any reason why you can't sandblast it so long as you're careful not to get/leave any grit in the cylinder, etc, etc, etc. I also would not use sand on the aluminum head, oil pan, etc. Walnuts or something like that would likely be better. As for paint, use the absolute best you can get. You can spend weeks getting every single dent, etc, worked out of the metal and everything perfectly straight. But if you then just use Rustoleum paint or something, it's only going to look ok. A higher grade paint will make it look not just ok, but truly beautiful.

Welcome to the foot dragger club. I've made some deals that seemed a little pricy at first and then sold off parts or items to get it within my budget. I'd say you did good and have an nice collection of implements.