Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jmhusby

Question on Prestige engine sizes?????

jmhusby

I am looking for a used Prestige, the Massey 2818 is too far away to getsm02, and seem to get conflicting engine sizes in the ads. I know the 05 had a 25hp Kohler and the 08 had a 27 Kohler but don't remember the options. Just want to be sure what I would be getting if I drive 150 miles to get one. Want to put a cab on it so its nicer blowing snowsm06sm06. Thanks.

jmhusby

Bob, I was hoping that there is a chart around someplace that shows what size engine came from the factory for the years of production. Have seen various years advertised with different engine sizes which could be right. I know for instance the Landlord and Sunstar had different choices. Maybe such an animal doesn't exist??

RayS

They gradually went up in horse power over the years. Mine is a 2002 with a 20hp Command. I see now they are available with a 30hp Briggs in them.

Ever since Briggs bought them there Tech Publication is lacking. My dealer told me the same thing Friday. Not much released on manuals since the take over. I wanted her to order the attachment interchagabilty manual and she said she has a hard time getting them herself.

I have the product engine information manual up to 2007 if you are interested. I can send in an email.