Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
steve-wis

Playing in the snow in Oshkosh

steve-wis

Were supposed to have 2 or 3 inches, ended up with about 8. Blew the driveway last night, and now the last 4 inches of so. Finally got a few pics...........

DSC01038.JPG

DSC01039.JPG

DSC01040.JPG

Got a few videos on photobucket also, link is......http://s610.beta.photobucket.com/user/steve-wis/library/blowing%20snow%20dec%2029%202012

DSC01038.JPG.b113ac3f68b50e9b2109ac9097ed7e0d.JPG

DSC01039.JPG.e60cb08e3e504722a33a56ff35e4435f.JPG

DSC01040.JPG.313ff15ed1a2ab8abbb3f99aeb815b0b.JPG

MikeG

Got your 8 inches plus. Been at it most of the day so far, still snowing at 4 pm. Had to use the roof rake, trying to prevent the dreaded Ice dams from forming, wish I could call it fun. Have more snow now than all last year. Nice snow cab you have, its the only way to blow snow.^

ka9bxg

I sure do like the cabs on the tractors.Going north is always hard as the wind blows back at me and can not see where I am going. Had 8 inches here and the old allis 720 did good.I like having a grader blade on the back use both blower and blade same time. Cab is home made but sure works well. I have the fiber glass cab on the 4041 but that only has the dozer on it.

steve-wis

Making that cab was the best thing I did for my snow handling setup. I do need to do something about the snow sticking to the vinyl windshield when it blows right back at me, I have to stop and get out and wipe it off once in a while. Thinking of trying a wiper setup, even tho I have the soft vinyl. I think it would work ok, anyone have any experience with this?

Steve

steve-wis

Graham,

There should be a thread on the cab build, I made in a couple of years ago. The frame is 3/4 X 3/4 X 1/16 steel angle iron. I cut and welded the frame, then covered it with the vinyl. The front with the windshield, the left side door, and the back panel are all hinged and can be removed. The top is a pc. of outdoor plywood, 1/4 inch thick. the cab is mounted on four angle iron mounting pads that are bolted to the tractor, one in front of each running board, and two that protrude out the back. I set the cab on the tractor and fasten it with four 1/4 inch wingnuts at the mounting points, then attach the door and front and back panels, and lastly I have the wiring for the tractor headlights modified so I can unplug the headlights and plug in the lights on top of the cab. They then work with the headlight switch. Goes on and off in about 10 minutes, and easy to lift alone.

Steve

rpickle

My dad had a Case 446 with a Case snow cab. It was well built, had a metal frame with vinyl doors and plexi for glass. The front "glass" had a wiper that was a manual operation type. Was handy when, like you say, the snow blew back at the cab. Miss that old tractor... My A-hole older brother sold the unit this past summer.... He knew I wanted it. Anyway.....

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• RAC
    • s_stephen
    • BLT
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• MARK (LI)

MARK (LI)  »  Alltractoredup

...This is Mark from Long Island ....Gene told me that you are selling  FEL for a Sunstar....the link he sent me does not take me to it ...I am not on FB myself, but my wife is...is it just on the AC  / Simple group, or is it on the Marketplace?
      · 2 replies
    • F.U.N.

F.U.N.  »  sandyhillbill

Dear Sandhillbill
      Can you please copy me on this data, for Sun Star parts list.
      :
      September 12, 2004 Mike I sent you a PM and have all the mfgs. available for the tiller/hitch/pto/liftgroup if you need me to send them to you. Let me know. Thanks, F.U.N.    
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts