Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Tonyvdb

Mower Deck Rebuild

Tonyvdb

I had a tractor (7117) and mower given to me this summer and I rebuilt the tractor and am now on to the mower. I searched this site for information and man you guys are a wealth of information. Found everything from taking bearings off the arbors to fabricating a new roller shaft. Here are a few pictures of it so far. New bearings, center pulley, idler pulley, and small parts to rebuild the arbors on order. I going to try and fabricate a new roller shaft. Not sure yet what to do about rollers, the deck calls for 11 of the 4" rollers on the roller shaft and then 2 more in the baffle. I'm thinking that I try doing the deck with por15 and then putting a top coat of paint on it. I'll post more when the new parts come in.

DSCN1164.jpg

Just about all apart.

DSC03439_zps375aed26.jpg

DSC03440_zps530f9bf1.jpg

Parts

DSC03442_zps61d96eeb.jpg

DSC03446_zps9497cca7.jpg

MysTiK

Some people are using Yates Boat Rollers as replacements. They come in different lengths, and you can cut them to any length you want. Good reports on those. s/b searchable threads search "yates" or "boat". New rollers will restore/improve rear height capability through the roller height adjustors. Member "Burntime" did a thread on that.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Today's Birthdays

1. Gdub
      Gdub
  • Recent Status Updates

• MARK (LI)

MARK (LI)  »  Alltractoredup

...This is Mark from Long Island ....Gene told me that you are selling  FEL for a Sunstar....the link he sent me does not take me to it ...I am not on FB myself, but my wife is...is it just on the AC  / Simple group, or is it on the Marketplace?
      · 2 replies
    • F.U.N.

F.U.N.  »  sandyhillbill

Dear Sandhillbill
      Can you please copy me on this data, for Sun Star parts list.
      :
      September 12, 2004 Mike I sent you a PM and have all the mfgs. available for the tiller/hitch/pto/liftgroup if you need me to send them to you. Let me know. Thanks, F.U.N.    
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts