Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Yes I started another one

osenga

Well yes I did start another one lol

294.JPG

296.JPG

297.JPG

295.JPG

If I get the time yet today. I want to get all the last small parts put on it. and then get it wired up and fuel line. and be ready for the test run of it. the decals will wait till spring. I like to do them when it is warm out since my hands dont want to work all that good in the cold.

294.JPG.ad1866425ca8841038efbae7394a9765.JPG

296.JPG.9a13e323421e460c26c2985a3eeedd56.JPG

297.JPG.50a2ee10accb006a2573b525d7cea6bf.JPG

295.JPG.5130906d286cfcde5b064acb7ae59744.JPG

Mark , ya it's a small shop but your only getting to see a small part of it though

Chris there would be no way I would want to do that. Once I get these done I'm not buying no more tractor for me. I'll have enough to show and to just work to. Then it's time to start collecting the implements when I can find them but they won't get restored cause I'll be using the attachments. But I'll still buy tractors to resell so they don't go to the scrap yards

Bryan I really like that statment I too am maxed out...I'm saving 5 tractors w/all the attachments for me & my sons, the rest must go...but thats a great rule to live(collect) by...Buy only to save a tractor from the scrappers [or choppers]... good plan dOd

quote:Originally posted by osenga

....... But I'll still buy tractors to resell so they don't go to the scrap yards

id="quote">
id="quote">

Greg well if you got 5 that's cool but my shop is 24x24 and I have 16 shoved in there. That's why I keep saying no more.

Dan thanks man it sure has and next time you should be able to take it on a spin if you want to

Well today got about all the last parts on her. And fuled it up and moves under it's own power again. But the carb needs to be rebuilt. It's sticking open and have fule leaking. But I wanted to rebuild that anyhow. Just glad I got to test it all out in the shop. All gears shift good and functions all as it should be.

I thought you had ALL those tractors restored by now :D .

you need woodstove for heat with tarp wall blocking rest of shop off.

Actually I said 5 is how many I'm keeping, I now have 10 or 11 counting a parts tractor...Still not as many as you...but I dont have the bldg space you have either (wish I did) anyway THAT tractor is an awsome save!!!

quote:Originally posted by osenga

Greg well if you got 5 that's cool but my shop is 24x24 and I have 16 shoved in there. That's why I keep saying no more. Dan thanks man it sure has and next time you should be able to take it on a spin if you want to

id="quote">
id="quote">

I would love to find one of those...But its like the Homelites, I have NEVER seen a Squire or Homy for sale in person. (I dont think I've ever seen a Squire)

I love the colors...did some of them have an OEM hood stripe?

Greg yes they go have a hood stripe but won't be doing any decals till spring don't want them to crack or anything with metal being cold if they would I don't know but not going to be the one to find out either. Well I have had a couple of the homys if I ever get another one that's fair shape I'll let you know since were not all that far apart and all.

Bryan, you're turning out more machines than Port Washington! I don't know how you find the time...wish I could.

I can't find a better picture, but I painted my stripe on, same color as the wheels, then bought 1/4" pinstripe from the local auto parts store for the black

gammastaxi005.jpg

gammastaxi005.jpg.89bb46154544292e4c93b03786f65f24.jpg

Rustoleum Metallic Rich Caramel

Rustoleum Professional Gloss Black (Chrome can) watch this stuff it sprays FAST

Krylon Satin Almond on the wheels

According to the build topic :D

The store was out of satin on another project, so I used Krylon Gloss Almond on that. It does look a bit better to me than the Satin, but I wanted the Satin on the wheels.

The Satin is not quite as shiny, and some of the imperfections don't show up as much as gloss.