Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Worthless or on the verge of the next big thing?

PeppyDan

http://limaohio.craigslist.org/grd/3481944108.html

I ran across this while surfin through local craigslist and just keep asking myself WHY? To me this looks like it would be about the worst snow machine because of it being very light and the blade being out so far that any small steering movement would be greatly multiplied at the blade making it very difficult to control. What's your opinion?

Dan

With the blade tipped that far forward, thats gonna jump right over anything even semi hard.

Then when it does, and you have those front casters in 4" of hard snow and they turn sideways when you try to back up, your done.:o

We won't even mention the turf tires :D

hmm...IDK?

On the good side, it's got all the weight on the drive wheels..

Don't they make something like that for those Grasshoppers?

Looks like someone is good at fabrication and has a lot of time on his hands.

Notice the lack of chains.

I bet it's never had a real test.

With independent power to each rear wheel, As well as the ability to change directions/speeds for a given side, it may push more than you'd think at first glance. But that don't change the fact that the blade angle is set like it is. Most likely because it would not push loaded.

But then, I'm from Carolina. Its not like I know a thing about pushing snow..LOL We just leave it and the sun removes it in a few days.

I think I would have used those fabrication skills to put a mowing deck under it (asuming the first one rotted out and he didn't want to spend the bux for a new deck)!

Dan

The blade is a Wheel horse blade, and the forward angle is adjustable. Just move the rod that supports the tops of the springs up to higher holes to straighten it up.