Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B series battery hold downs

mwells

Ok I've been doing some research and found out according to the parts books the B-10 through the B-112 used the same bracket, then the 210 had there own and the 212 had its own as well. I have one off a b-10 and one off a 212, my question is does anyone have or know the difference of the 210 bracket? The b 10 is straight and the 212 is just like the b 10 only with side braces on each end of the bracket.

Part # for b10- 2026858

Part # for b 210- 2027831

Part # for b 212- 2027858

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Wow, a new rare part to look for. I've never seen one either and probably move 50 or more B series through here over the years.

Yep we are trying to reproduce them and want them to be just like the originals, anyone know how to put the rubber coating on them? Rhino liner? Lol

I've got one of those on my 2110 that I bought off fleabay as an NOS piece at least a half dozen years ago. It's the AW piece in Josh's post above. It is indeed rubberized, but I think a heavy powdercoat would suffice on it.

Thanks for the link Dan I will check into it! I guess the other option is to make them and let the buyer decide what he wants to do with it! It would be cheaper that way! Lol

I found this one on the B110 I saved from the scrap pile.

Simple Batt Holddown.JPG

It would appear to me though that most of the rubber coating was being held on with electrical tape. Hope this helps.

57e05d666eadb_SimpleBattHolddown.JPG.e89aa384037d117c143a031e43c7c880.JPG

Some painting firms offer a vinyl coating which is dipped on parts and cured. A few "local" firms in the Briggs and Simplicity area offer this, and perhaps might have coating in the past. Believe the coating to be more for some level of corrosion, and help grip the battery. Over time can wear off, but lasts a rather long time.

quote:
Originally posted by mwells

Yep we are trying to reproduce them and want them to be just like the originals, anyone know how to put the rubber coating on them? Rhino liner? Lol

id="quote">

id="quote">Harbor Freight at one time had a rubber or plastic that you could dip tool handles in to coat them.That should work if they still sell it.By the way I have 7 FDT's and have never seen a batt hold downI use a chunk of conveyor belt bend it in a U shape and wedge theBattery in.I'll have to check into this a little more.

I would look at making the hold down brackets out of stainless and forget about the rubber coating idea. JMHO...

Tom (PK)