Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Yellow Hydrolift-Multiplying

bowhunt4life

Mailman brought me a gift to myself today. Gonna go in my B12.

AllisHydroLift4.jpg

Question for those of you who mow with a hydrolift. How do you set your deck height with a hydrolift. Do you drop the mower deck and leave hydrolift in the float position?

Holy cow picked up this nice working unit today. They are multiplying.

hydro3.jpg

hydro1.jpg

hydro2.jpg

Thanks,

Chris

Leave it in float and let the rollers and deck height adjusters do their work.

I till, and plow my garden using the float position.

On the rear mounted attachments, you DO have power down, but I'm told that isn't good for the lift rod running under the tunnel.

Chris, did you get the pulley that goes in the drive line, or is just not in the pic?Unit look's clean.

quote:Originally posted by bowhunt4life

Mailman brought me a gift to myself today. Gonna go in my B12.AllisHydroLift4.jpgQuestion for those of you who mow with a hydrolift. How do you set your deck height with a hydrolift. Do you drop the mower deck and leave hydrolift in the float position?Thanks,Chris

id="quote">
id="quote">

I did not get the pulley. Oddly enough my B12 already has a pulley on it and it looks as though it never had a hydro unit installed in it's lifetime.

If I remember correctly, most if not all B-12's came with the pulley. Only the 10hp needed the pulley added. Of course you still need to take off the driveshaft to get the belt onto the pulley.C Might want to think about replacing the starter/generater belt while its apart.

I figured while it's apart I would replace the belt and add a back up belt of each and zip tie them out of the way. That way if one broke no need to go thru the hassle of disconnecting the driveshaft.

wow - that's creative!

...and...

I am amazed how you seemingly have a way of attracting all kinds of amazing tractor stuff.

Nice! I run everything in float unless I want the downpressure for scraping.

I usually leave the deck hooked to the RH lift, keeping my front and rear free for another attachment. Makes it handy.

The B12 getting the lift is strictly the grass cutter and leaf vacuum machine.

I look forward to putting the lift in this spring.

If you use the correct notched drive belt for the gen. it will last a LONG time. No need for an extra mounted under the hood. Properly tensioned and with a generator that spins up good and strong it should last you 20 or so years.

As for the hydro lift, just lower the lift to at or near the end of the cylinder stroke so the deck never pulls on the lift. The lifts are so fast you'll never notice any delay in time it takes to get to end of stroke.

quote:Originally posted by Killer_A-C

Seems like it takes forever to get the first one but after that they come easy....

id="quote">
id="quote">So true! Once the newness wears off on something that was tough to find, they pop out of the woodwork.

For mowing, I just lower all the way down and let it spring back to hold. That way the chain is loose and all weight in on deck rollers, and its easier to raise again.