Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
plastikosmd

The search for a roller takes a wrong turn...

plastikosmd

Well in my search I picked up this. Now I have another allis as this is too nice to part out. Rebuilt deck with a bunch of nos bearings included, tiller and take-off, a really nice custom rear hitch and a b10 with hydro and high/low as put in by factory as original owner ordered it that way

plastikosmd

Wouldnt surprise me. It should be handy. I can use the top brackets and add a post in the rear lift to make a hoist or add a bracket to make a small carryall for the woods to hold saws etc. It will be going on my other allis as that will be the puller (wood trailer, chipper tho that will be sold, York rake, earthcavator etc). Pto stuff will be on the new b10, tiller and weed cutter. Will sell the nice 42" deck and extra bearings.

plastikosmd

Yep, he took a good bit off due to ride and it was on there for a while. Good for both of us and well worth a strong runner that needs nothing, tho I do have this other 16 sitting around...

dirtmister16

can someone explain to me why so many allis tractor get painted red? idk its bothers me. its a strange thing you see with old equipment that needs paint.

guess people don't like yellow?

you got a nice setup though id like to have found that setup.

Talntedmrgreen

Great score! That's a real nice package.

I suppose color is all a matter of opinion or whatever is on hand. I see some pretty distasteful paint jobs...red is bad...blue is terrible and green is the worst. Even most of the yellow repaints are pretty fugly up close. Personally, I like the orange jobs, but not so much on round hoods. My Grandfather decided one winter, that AC's were meant to be orange, and painted his B-110. I love the look, but am biased now. =]

I prefer the red/orange of the early Simplicity's over the later orange or any of the yellow's. My all-time favorite is Squire Bronze! ;)

plastikosmd

prefer the yellow, but this one i will keep 'ugly' just like old ugly betty an old member had.

i may drop in a 16hp that i have sitting

Got the other allis mostly apart. now that i got the drive belt off, it seems the rear is fine and the BGB is the issue, unless you are suppose to be able to spin the side pully(s) and not turn the driveshaft a bit!

so the search continues, roller or bgb

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• MrSteele
    • Chris727
    • john jacob
    • Simplicity shaun
    • tadams
    • lugnard
    • ShaunE
    • gwiseman
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Josiah deshong
      Josiah deshong
      (37 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• F.U.N.

F.U.N.  »  sandyhillbill

Dear Sandhillbill
      Can you please copy me on this data, for Sun Star parts list.
      :
      September 12, 2004 Mike I sent you a PM and have all the mfgs. available for the tiller/hitch/pto/liftgroup if you need me to send them to you. Let me know. Thanks, F.U.N.    
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Club banners are available  for members use during show season https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/57849-simpletractors-club-banners-available/

· 0 replies
  • Adverts