Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Realistic expectations on a OEM Simplicity Loader?

fishnwiz

Hey guys,

I do not know a thing about the Simplicity oem loaders. Any HONEST opinions Good , bad or indifferent about them? What type weight can I realistically expect to lift with one on a 5-7000 series? Going average price on one these days? I have been thinking about adding one to my collection. Thanks in advance.

Mark

A Sunstar has a 400 lb capacity at full reach, so taking a stab that a Sovereign style could be as much as 75lb-100lb less. I helped Simpleton7016 put one together about 5 years ago, he did what he had to with it and then sold it I believe for something over $3000.

Mark, they didn't have an 'OEM' for that series. 300# wasax for the fdt loaders, but I can lift an honest 325-350 if starting at tailgate height.

I have owned a loader on a 2012 Simplicity, a Qwik-Way on a 900 series Allis and currently have a brantly loader on a 314 Deere. As already sugested, max safe lift is around 300 lbs. Loaders are capable of more, but the tractor chasis are not.

What happens is you can lift a heavier load, but the rear of the trator will come off the ground and the tractor can easily flip in an instant. Adding more weight to the rear can help, but when you get over 300 lbs on the back, the axles, axle tubes, and bearings start to give way after a while.

My Deere has 100 lbs of wheel weights on each rear wheel, 270 lbs of suitcase weights on a weight carrier, and another 100 lbs of misc weight in the built in weight box under the carrier. Still comes off the ground with around 400-500 lbs. or so. Depending on how high I lift.

If you plan to do a lot of loader work, you're better off looking at a more purpose built machine, BUT, if you're looking to make homeowner tasks more manageable (and fun), then GT loaders are great. I can drive in and out and turn around inside of the shop with my 3212/FEL with ease. I lift stuff off the truck tailgate, put attachments away on shelves, move landscape material, snow, firewood etc, and use in place of a jack when I have minor lifting/holding chores. I recently swapped out a trailer tounge jack on my 26' sled hauler. The loader handled the tongue weight fine, and held the trailer for me while I buzzed the old jack off and the new one on with my electric impact. Didn't have to drag a floor or bottle jack out to the woods where I park it, and didn't have to pull it to the shop over the soggy lawn.

It's just handy compared to a larger (and more expensive) unit. It doesn't rut or tear up the lawn, and it fits along the wall in my garage, with both vehicles parked inside. Also, I still mow and till with it, without removing the loader (I do pull the 3 pins and ditch the bucket on occasion, which is extremely easy). I did move several yards of 1-2" stone last summer, and a bucket full is about all she will lift, but I never touched a shovel :D Go slow, keep the bucket low, and ease through your maneuvers, and she will handle that load just fine. On the L12/L112 loaders, I've found 100# of wheel weights, and 120# on the rear weight carrier is adequate to keep the rear planted and still reaching the relief limit on the lift hydro. I can leave the seat with a load in the bucket and it sits tight.

So I imagine I have a head start with my 250lb body weight?8D. I still have a little issues with the increased length of the loader with the bucket.

Thanks for all of the great info.

Mark

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

So I imagine I have a head start with my 250lb body weight?8D. I still have a little issues with the increased length of the loader with the bucket. Thanks for all of the great info.Mark

id="quote">
id="quote">Mark, you could always park it like this! Problem solved!

DSCN0163.jpg

I like the 515 loader that's on my B12. I think of new uses for it every day. That being said, it does have its limitations.

For one, it's not designed for digging, etc. It's more intended for moving loose dirt, garden mulch, etc.

Second, you've got the weight limitations like Josh has discussed. It'll pick up more, but I wouldn't do it often for fear of breaking something.

Third, it's kind of uncomfortable if you've got big feet. I have a hard time working the clutch/brake pedal with my loader on because there really isn't ample room between the tractor frame and the loader upright for my Sideshow Bob sized right foot.

All I can do here is echo the others! I love my little loader machine! It will most of what I ask it to do, with few limits. One must of course expect it not to be a Case 680. I use mine much the same way as TMG, snow duty, light landscaping, firewood hauling, and as a lift for stuff that I should not pick up by myself otherwise.

I run about 300 lbs in the weight box and add about 230 when I'm on it!:D

So what you guys are telling me is I still need to add more weight to the back end in the form of weight box or wheel weights? My muscular form sm00 will NOT be enough to keep it down?

Depends what you want to lift. I don't chance it...filled tires will add quite a bit. Anything can be added for weight, if you need it. Most times I feel like I'm trucking around a bunch of weight I don't need...then I grab ahold of a fallen tree truck, and she grunts a bit. You can feel your rear get lighter then and are glad you got the weight! ;)