Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

superbman101

Does anyone know the Last 16HP I/C made?

superbman101

I picked up an engine from Michigan a few months back and after looking at the shroud's code I was stumped ?After looking at wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briggs_%26_Stratton#Cast_iron_modelsI learned they made them all the way up to 1991 OOIn some forum way back I read that they only made these engines until March..Mine is326437-2528-01 Code 91030414 Code (Year 91 Month 03 Day 04 Assembly Line 14)Which means it's one of the LAST ever made ?sm04let me know what you guys think or know.

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg.5055c7ef6ea73705596821a17f43ace5.jpg

BLT

I have an 2005 international Briggs and Stratton buyers guide and in it are 10 & 16 HP CI engines being produced. Their latest Asian guide has none. You S/N could be an import as the original plant was torn down quite sometime ago. Also the assembly could be foreign as the CI's came off of line 1 in Milwaukee, the original plant.

RayS

DSCF2327.JPG

This one is a 2001 made in China. Runs like a top. with 13 hours on it. 01102948

DSCF2326.JPG

This one is a 1992 made in China to I believe. I think that is what the 48 plant destination number is.

DSCF2327.JPG.2c6fede14b076ee5244120ef95d8ded7.JPG

DSCF2326.JPG.d46bb423d98e388cb154876d4ef7fc35.JPG

superbman101
quote:Originally posted by RayS

DSCF2327.JPG

This one is a 2001 made in China. Runs like a top. with 13 hours on it. 01102948

DSCF2326.JPG

This one is a 1992 made in China to I believe. I think that is what the 48 plant destination number is.

id="quote">
id="quote">Where did you get the 2001 China one from? That's amazing. My 91 only had a few hours on it too sm04 I'll keep my eyes out for more newer Model 326430's. going to pick up an older one this weekend :P

RayS

I bought them both brand new from Small Engine Warehouse. I doubt they have anymore. The last one I bought from them was atleast 7 or 8 years ago. I still have a NOS 10hp (243431)that I have been trying to get rid of for awhile. May put it in a B 10 or something but I don`t have any room for another tractor.

superbman101

is it a red one? I ran across it on Craigslist I think. its a nice engine! I wouldn't let it go for any less then what your asking. Maybe you need a bigger garage :P as long as the wife's car fits in youll be fine ;)