Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

CL Find in town!

rich_kildow

quote:Originally posted by rich_kildow

http://wausau.craigslist.org/grd/3521292625.html What do you guys think of this? Were foot controls on these standard or is this something somebody made up?

id="quote">
id="quote">The whole combination is a home brew and pretty good looking. The 7000 and 7100 series never offered a FEL or foot control engine has been updated.

How's the price? Tractor looks very well maintained but it looks like the lift mechanism is gone if I ever wanted to use it for anything else (but why would I^). The curved subframe is intriguing.

Is that a power steering cylinder or just a shiny spot on the steering rod?

Bob, what do you think has been done to the engine...or just that it has been replaced? Anything other than 7116's is a whole new animal to me.

quote:Originally posted by rich_kildow

Bob, what do you think has been done to the engine...or just that it has been replaced? Anything other than 7116's is a whole new animal to me.

id="quote">
id="quote">Probably got a newer engine. That one has a gear starter. The 7000's had SG's. That probably has a Magnetron ignition also.About PS. Might be as steering wheel is higher then normal. But I think he would have posted it. Look frame over very closely for cracks. His 500 lift lift is a pretty tough grunt for that frame without beefing it up.

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

Bob, my late 1977 model 7016 had a gear type starter from new.

id="quote">
id="quote">I stand corrected, 1978 model year 1690342 has gear starter.Also price is in the ball park.