Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity FEL

RUMBLEFISH

Well I put some work into this little tractor over the holiday break and it came out decent. I used the front end off a B212 rebuilt it and did the poor mans power steering trick which works better due to the flatter running wheels without the pitch the 700 had. I also put in new axle seals and fatter rear tires. Then I made a bracket and added some weight to the back plus a little paint work. I think it came out OK but now I want to see if I can sell it since I really don't have any room nor a need for that matter. But it was fun to work on it and play around in the yard for a while. Again thank you to this wonderful site and all the knowledge that is stored inside to research.

700new001.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

700new003.jpg

700new005.jpg

700new008.jpg

No I wish I could but I don't have that type of skill. I bought if off a guy who got it in trade from a old time farmer who built it himself. I was told the guy used it around the barn area for the horse stuff and other clean up jobs in the area.

More pics

700new006.jpg

700new002.jpg

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

Super machine...Where did you get the seat??

id="quote">
id="quote">It was on the machine when I picked her up. No name that I can find on it but it really does fit perfect between the fenders.

Very cool...I think I see the pump, Runs off the mid PTO? so you can engage/disengage on the fly? I like that feature on mine too(electric front pto). If I'm driving across the property I can shut off my pump to save it from the hi rpm's of cruising

I was not sure how strong it was. The guy I just sold it to stood on the bucket all 260lbs of him and lifted him no problem. He said he wants it to move boats around a boat yard and I told him no problem and he will not need weigth in the front for sure.:o)