Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Took advantage of a warm day

OrangeMetalGuy

For some reason we have two days in the upper 50's and tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60's... so I am taking advantage of that and painting my new 46" spring-trip plow.Did the sanding, decreasing and priming. This is the first couple of coats... hope it stays this shiny!

DSCN0760_opt.jpg

DSCN0762_opt.jpg

DSCN0766_opt.jpg

DSCN0760_opt.jpg.d809e1daa7672a5426d103d55086d639.jpg

DSCN0762_opt.jpg.b31a908db4fa457fa461be466f57ef37.jpg

DSCN0766_opt.jpg.fbb6bb4995ee46c8ca52a66c2a93332c.jpg

God gives us these little breaks to go get our tractor work done, ahead of the bitter cold temps and snow to come!

Yeah, it's Rustoleum gloss black automotive paint. I usually use DupliColor but I thought I'd try this. Sure has a shine to it, at least for now.

I use Rustoleum Enamels most of the time and they hold up good if they have enough time to cure. Enamels cure a bit slow but look great...Nice job sm01

Just did the 2nd coat on the front. So now I will leave it alone for a week or so to cure before I reassemble it.

I think I may get some nylon washers for the remote angle release mechanism to ensure it moves smoothly. I also have some aluminum bar stock to make a bracket for the control rod.

Good stuff. Nice job coordinating with the weather.Winter remains cancelled; but we might get some snow.Countdown to Spring 2 months, 8 days.And the Daze is getting longer.I really like the "blue sky effect" you captured on your plow - really cool. Looks like promise of good things to come. sm03

DSCN0766_opt.jpg

Well, it may not stay that shiny but if nothing else I will be glad to have a spring trip. And remote angle control! I have gotten really weary of having to get off my tractor to change the plow angle.