Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sleeve hitch

chris87

i was looking at buying or making a sleeve hitch for my landlord 2010. and i have seen two different styles. so i was wondering what fits and is one better? i will be using it for a single bottom plow and disk.

sleevehitchsquare.jpg

sleevehitchushape.jpg

these are the two different styles i have found. i borrowed the pictures from different post so thank you.

sleevehitchsquare.jpg.3cb7ded11077e5466ec9bad08077f8bb.jpg

sleevehitchushape.jpg.e91a43153ff69b6c1824c2e8bbb802ea.jpg

The second style (early) would be "right" for a 2010. It would lift with a piece of round stock and a chain from the rear lift

For the first style (later) you would have to add a tab to the bottom of the lift like the one in the pic to connect the rod to.

Either will work, however, a 2010 will have a solid rod from the front to the back giving you down pressure that you probably will not want with those attachments on the later style hitch.

The early style with a chain lift gives you "float" for the attachment.

With the later style, you would have to make sure your handle does not lock back, or hydro lift is in the float position

As for better, the early style does not control sway or sideways movement, the later style does

You don't want to learn the way and bend the lift rod in the tunnel there.:o:O

I operate my tiller and plow in the float position.

With the bottom plow on there, Brinly recommends that it is allowed to sway from side to side.

quote:Originally posted by timflury

I operate my tiller and plow in the float position.With the bottom plow on there, Brinly recommends that it is allowed to sway from side to side.

id="quote">
id="quote">Yup & yup. Bout the only thing you would ever want down pressure for, is running a box blade, Scoop Tote or something similar for for scraping. That being said, the early variety won't allow you to limit your sway (which I haven't found necessary, unless your using an attachment needing down pressure), and it require you add a chain to your implement to lift. It's also generally the less expensive route, and I prefer it's simplicity.

I have found the plans for the hitch portion on this site. Does any one have the diminsions for the round stock with the chain attachments? That would be appreciated.

quote:Originally posted by simple_stan

I have found the plans for the hitch portion on this site. Does any one have the diminsions for the round stock with the chain attachments? That would be appreciated.

id="quote">
id="quote">The hitch that came with my plow has the 5/8x11 nuts welded to it, the bolts are 1 1/2" long.

Plow after 2.jpg

That would be a 1" bar about a foot to 18" long with roughly 6-8" of chain

plow circled.jpg

Your results will vary.:D

57e05d77436fe_Plowafter2.jpg.938c9720f02dc83e0a9831670bebb54c.jpg

57e05d775a96f_plowcircled.jpg.ce475e213d3aecb5b3eed2a1f480f904.jpg