Sign in to follow this  
OrangeMetalGuy

Allis has a new plow

OrangeMetalGuy

Finally reassembled and installed it:

DSCN0768_zps2afea86e.jpg

DSCN0770_zpsc092f618.jpg

DSCN0769_zps8cd08d89.jpg

Put new stainless steel fasteners on the shoes. Made the control arm bracket out of aluminum, it works ok but flexes a little. Have to see how it does in actual use.

Still need to repaint the control arm, but at least it's functional. I will paint it gloss black to match after the season is over.

Finally - no more getting off to adjust the angle!

MysTiK

I like it. Very well done. And thanks for the close-up pix showing the details. I've been gathering info on dozer for a while; just missed one recently. I have pix of details from several - also pix of a control rod that apparently is not stock; looks more like a series of U-joints; likely homemade. Yes, I appreciate details. thanx.

Tractor looks wowee!!sm01

huffy

You're a lucky man. I was out plowing at 10:00 p.m. last night, the whole time complaining about how sick I am of getting off the tractor to adjust the plow. Now it's snowing more, and your pics are making me jealous.

OrangeMetalGuy

Yeah, I have a fairly small area to do but I am always needing to change angles. I have tried but no way I can do it all with the blade angled the same way.

RickS

I have a fairly large area to clear. And depending on the snowfall amount I either use a plow or a blower.

Even with the large area to clear I still find I am constantly changing the angle of the blade. Before I got a blade I could angle from the seat I think I spent almost the same amount of time in the seat as I spent getting on and off the tractor to angle the blade.

I would never go back now to a blade I had to angle by getting off the tractor. That and a hydro lift has made plowing a lot of fun.

Rick.........

osenga

Well I still use my 42" blade. But I don't have to get off to angle it I just have my boy go out with me and I dodge snow balls while I plow and he angles it for me when needed. But I can still grab a few snowballs and get him back every now and then. But makes plowing interesting never know what coming at ya

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• F.U.N.

F.U.N.  »  sandyhillbill

Dear Sandhillbill
      Can you please copy me on this data, for Sun Star parts list.
      :
      September 12, 2004 Mike I sent you a PM and have all the mfgs. available for the tiller/hitch/pto/liftgroup if you need me to send them to you. Let me know. Thanks, F.U.N.    
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Club banners are available  for members use during show season https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/57849-simpletractors-club-banners-available/

· 0 replies
  • Adverts