Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Old simplicity L-1 cultivator ID needed.

rickpilgrim

I have an unknown yr L-1 walking tractor I got a few yrs back and am now restofying it. Model L-1 ser 64782 on the I.D. Tag. It has a cultivator attachment that I know is a Simplicity product but unlike all the other ones has the support/guage wheels at the back and uses a crank to adj depth.(I think) It came to me in a box with the tractor and was dissasembled and any help I could get on re assembling it would be helpfull.

Thanks Much! Now that I see that it makes sense! However- anyone have any idea where to find parts for this? Mine appears to be missing 2 of the tool holder bars and teeth.

If you can snap a pic of what you have, I may have what you're missing.

The 990209 is setup to use on the rear of a riding tractor...has a shorter hitch assembly, and the jack screw for adjusting depth is reversed.

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

L-1 is a Gravely model number.

id="quote">
id="quote">It's a Simplicity model too...'51-'54, 2hp Briggs.

Will post pics next week when I can get back to the shop. Just wondering if the gearcase and ratchets(in the wheel hubs) will hold up to the 6.5 hp Lifan engine and 5x12 rice(tall lug) tires and wheel weights I have.