Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis / Simplicity Disc Harrow

Mack

I've had a couple of these over the years. Found them to be too light to really do much. I recently pick one up that has a weight box mounted to it. I put it in the classifieds and received an email from a member stating that he has one with a weight box also and thought it might be factory original. Here are a few more pictures of it. Maybe Ken will chime in with observations of his.

IMG1674.jpg

IMG1675.jpg

IMG1676.jpg

IMG1677.jpg

IMG1679.jpg

IMG1674.jpg.0f9eeefc66c99196ad404c7758c0e075.jpg

IMG1675.jpg.e255d70ff8544162d1f0bb994d0cad23.jpg

IMG1676.jpg.d8a72b06a5c704223cc4bd6842c26a72.jpg

IMG1677.jpg.054373933639c1a5af26870f8e69dc83.jpg

IMG1679.jpg.8e4c28d9018d1daf5a602b8aa5adcd54.jpg

Ive seen them identical to yours, I believe its an oem feature from the pre-rider walkers era. Yours also has the long tounge and no holes for a lift chain.

I think I've seen that before also. The bearings do not appear OEM though. They were originally wooden and had a tendency to rot away.

imp1-3.jpg

Here is mine, sorry its the only picture I have without digging it out of winter storage. It appears to be made just for this disc, not modified from something else. Mine was Simplicity orange when I purchased it, and the weight box paint seemed of similar age.

imp1-3.jpg.49fdaa7f77055c8b9d9f4a24eefc9a1b.jpg

I'll have to look through some of my earlier brochures, and see if it's in there with the walkers. I bet when using a walk behind, a guy could have stood on it ^

Ken's pic is a good reference against this one...you can see how much longer the disc with the weight box is, which was the case with many attachments for the walk behinds.

IMAG0517-2.jpg