Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

wheel barrow carry all

RayS

It's an old Brinly attachment for other GT's. Did you find one, or just referencing? I think they are fairly rare in the world of greene, but in a sleeve hitch arrangement. Yours looks like it would be font mounted.

BB100.jpg

Awesome.

I wonder if a fellow couldn't move the pivot forward so it dumps by itself and all you'd have to do is trip it by hand or attach to the rear lift for trip operation. With the pivot way in the back you must have to release the lever, then lift to dump.

Thanks, now I've got one more project to look into, should get this one hammered out by 2018.

Saw an original at the Little G and a repro built by a WH friend in Springfield MO. Brinly had some cool ideas didnt they?

quote:Originally posted by littlemarv

...or attach to the rear lift for trip operation. With the pivot way in the back you must have to release the lever, then lift to dump.

id="quote">
id="quote">That's the way the OEM CarryAll works. It utilizes the rearlift to dump, and the pivot is all the way forward, toward the hitch point, allowing all the weight in the box to 'lean' against the lift.

WOW...I've never seen anything like that. It seems it would put a tremendous torque on the rear frame/hitch having all that weight cantilevered out like that??? What is the carrying capacity of those?

But...Very Cool sm01

Greg:

The article posted above says the carrying capacity is 150 lbs.

I don't suppose that would be enough to make the front end too light to steer. But, I think adding a bit of weight to the front of the tractor wouldn't hurt.

I really like that thing. I hope you build one, Ray.