Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Al Eden passed away last night

Kent

I just got a voicemail from Kevin, Al's son, that stated Al had passed away last night. I'll provide more details as I get them.

Meanwhile, I thought I'd post this here for greatest visibility, then move it to the Coffee Shop.

Al was a good friend, a Simplicity guru, and an all-around great guy... he will be sorely missed.

Thanks to BLT, here's Al's obituary.

http://goettschonline.com/sitemaker/sites/GOETTS1/obit.cgi?page=profile§ion=info&user_id=876972

The club will be sending a contribution (in lieu of flowers, as requested) but you may want to post personal thoughts/wishes on the site. I'm sure Judy and family will see and appreciate it...

Just last October, at Al's request I met him at the annual Outdoor Power Equipment Expo in Louisville KY, where he introduced me to Mr. Harold Redman VP of Outdoor Power Products (including Simplicity) for Briggs & Stratton.

Al's brother, Ivan, and both their spouses were there. I'd met Judy before, but this was my first meeting with Ivan and Linda. We had a great time...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kent

• rokon2813

• PhanDad

• DanD

That's truely a loss for all. I've never had the opportunity to meet Al, but I believe from his posts that he was a man of common sense and the ability to share it with others. Years of expierience and knowledge, my condolences to his family, he will be missed by many.

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that. Al Eden was my absolutely favorite member.

He stayed upbeat when things got tough in his final years. A flood wrecked his house. He came down with a-fib and had an ablation. Al took it all in stride and just kept going.

That's a real loss to us all. I will miss him awfully a lot. He was a legend in his own time and the finest kind in every sense.

Yup, good guy. I installed 3 of his kits to put Commands into 7100/900/Sovereigns. Pretty smart guy. Pretty nice guy - enjoyed talking Simplicity with him. He had been through the ups and downs of Simplicity and business, and was all the wiser for it. I will keep good thoughts for him and his family. Tim

Sorry to hear this. He was an asset to the site. Unbelievable knowledge. May he RIP.

Kent, when you ad him to the memorial page could you ad Lawrence Broadwell as well.

Al was a great guy..i drove to iowa for a power steering sovereign...on it had al's dealership sticker on it...i sent him a pm and said small world...he offered to look it up for me and gave me the full history of it...i didnt ask, he just offered...he was an extremely knowledgeable and down to earth guy, choosing to share his knowlegde and help instead of acting like he was better than you...he will be sorely missed...0:)

We've lost some great souls here. I'll bet there are some great discussions going on right now beyond the pearly gates. My prayers to Al's family. I'm grateful that their wisdom and knowledge lives on in the archives.

That's a shock. Hard to believe. I always wished he was closer to me so I could experience his help and advice face-to-face. We are lucky he ever chose to deal with Simplicity/AC. Condolences to the family.

What a loss. Al was one heck of a guy. Would help any way he could, down to earth, never condescending in his explanations and help. I read what he posted almost always, because you could be certain to learn something. I only spoke with him once after purchasing a kit from him, and he was so helpful, and friendly, I was immediately comfortable and confident in making the parts work for me.

He will certainly be sorely missed. God's Speed, AL. Rest in peace. Our prayers to his family.

I was shocked and saddened when i saw the title.He will be very much missed.Prayers and condolences to his loved ones.He seemed to be a very incredible all around person.We have lost a great resource.

My oh my, the wealth of knowledge and history that goes with him is insurmountable. He went way back with Simplicity and he will be greatly missed. God bless Al and his family. jh

Al was just a great person. The world needs more like him.

My prayers go out to his family, they can rest assured Al is in a better place tonight.

John U

I don't know what more to say than what already has been said. Never met Al, but talked to him a couple of times. It was like talking to your wise grandfather. He will be missed.

Mike S

VERY Saddened to read this!! I had spoken with Al on the phone. He has helped me many times through PMs and this forum. Truly a tremendous loss to the club and the Simplicity "World." As others have said we need more people like Al. He understood the Simplicity business. Al cared more about helping people than he did about his bottom line yet he succeeded. I will always regret not making the trip to Anamosa to go meet him in person. Will be praying for his family. Hopefully his children will carry on his business.

he will be missed, though i hadn't talked to him just read his posts. a very smart man and a joy to read from everything i have seen.

may he rest in peace and his family only be inspired and strengthend from his many years with them.

He helped me with questions on my engine, and also put alot of helpfull information on this website to search through. I'm sorry to hear about the loss.