Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

He said he's serious

huffy

Parted out you would be lucky to get $200 - $300. I have paid $400 for a B10 but it was near mint. I sold it with a tiller, blower, deck, blade and lights for over a grand. As stated it was like new and the guy drove 800 miles to get it. That was before the depression.

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

I see about $400 there

id="quote">
id="quote">You'd pay $400, or you think you could get $400 for it parted out?I wouldn't go more than maybe $150 for both.

Hey...at least he's honest. He did make sure to call out an important piece of info in his very first statement:"This lawn tractor is in used condition."

sidelaugh.gif

There is a Big Ten either on ebay or clist, can't remember, and the guy wants $1,850 I believe.

They must know something we don't.:D

Originally posted by huffy
quote:
id="quote">If i could look them over and things were in decent shape, I would give 400 for the pair.100 to 150 deck100 plow50 x 2 mid pto's75 x 2 bgb's30 or 40 x 2 rear lifts30 to 60 a pair for rims, x 4a/c gas tank 75sears gas tank 50+everything else 200 to 300or cut that in half and make 1 a good tractor

quote:

100 to 150 deck

100 plow

50 x 2 mid pto's

75 x 2 bgb's

30 or 40 x 2 rear lifts

30 to 60 a pair for rims, x 4

a/c gas tank 75

sears gas tank 50+

everything else 200 to 300

id="quote">
id="quote">

That's part of the difference . . . I don't think I could get those prices without putting in a lot of time and effort. I've got 3 sets of rims on a shelf right now that I haven't been able to give away. I think that's a 42" plow in that pic. If so, I might be able to get $50 for it. And maybe, maybe, $75-$100 for the deck. And even then, I guarantee the offers for the plow, deck, motors, etc, would come from people that would want me to drive 6+ hours round trip to meet them downstate.

But, I hope he gets his $1,200. If he does, my two are both going up for sale the next day.

Years ago, I looked at a B10 that was a bit worse than that one. Pretty much complete, had been sitting outside a number of years. Didn't run, but was told it was something simple, needed points adjustment. Had a plastic gas tank, because the original one, laying on the ground next to it, was full of rust. Came with a mower deck that was locked up, a snowblade, and a rear grader blade.

The good ol' boy who owned it said "make an offer" so I said "$50.00", thinking I could come up if we were close. He said "I was thinking more like $800.00, on line they sell for $1500-$2000.00.

All I could say was "well, you know what ya got", and left.

Maybe he'll throw in the Polaris sitting behind it for that money!

He wants 3 grand for that XLT, I bet. It is an icon of mid '90's snow performance! :o)

(In all seriousness, I'd like to find a '94 XLT Special for my old man. He had one for years, and kept putting new odometer springs in it, just becuase he was amazed at the odomter he was racking up. He sold it 3 years ago for $500 to a neighbor, with just over 24,000 miles on the triple, and no rebuilds...not even rings)

Thats not a Sears engine. Its a Kohler, probably 10-12hp (going by the smaller air cleaner) originally sold as a stand alone engine, thats why it has the funny gas tank. I don't think that tank would even sell. The orange tractor is a 700 or early 725.

Sears never made an engine of that size. Kohler blue paint. Northern Michigan. Living in the woods too long. He needs to smell the roses. The odor of pine needles has got to his better senes.

the differnce is that it is what he thinks it worth. some people get out of control and think its rare and want tons of money for them.

ive run into it a few times. you generally can't reason with someone untill they have seen the truth for themselves. good luck.

He is probably a collector and his wife wants him to get rid of some of the stuff, so he placed an ad with a ridiculous price that no one will pay. Problem is at least postponed.

quote:He is probably a collector and his wife wants him to get rid of some of the stuff, so he placed an ad with a ridiculous price that no one will pay.id="quote">
id="quote">

Rotten, devious, underhanded. I like it!:D

Whatever the seller is smoking must be some seriously strong stuff! I'm not sure I can see $400 in both of those neither tractor is complete and only 1 runs! ROTFLMAO!

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

THATS laughable...some people think OLD means Valuable in any condition...:Y

id="quote">
id="quote">You said it, a very old guy who lives a mile down the road has a realtively complete but completely rusted out falling apart 1939ish ford truck out in his field. More of it is in the mud than out. I stopped in to ask about buying it and it wasn't for sale. I said if it was what would you want for it and he replied. There was one just like that I saw sold a few years ago for 5,000 and that was a steal! I might have given him 500 for his truck.....

Originally posted by Architectdave
quote:
id="quote">Reminds me of an old timer I know who had a Farmall 560 in a barn with a IH 2001 loader. Hadnt ran in a few years. He wanted 6200 for it...... I saw maybe 3500 running with a loader lol

I once sold my 1964 Austin Healy for $3,000. They now go for much more $50,000+. Too bad I didn't keep it in a barn. Anyway, I'm now 72 -- so am I getting rare and worth more?

Wow! thats a lot for a tractor. But as they say; it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it :P I asked him the same thing Chris! HAHA he must have gotten mad bc I got back "no clearly the price is stated at $1,200

quote:Originally posted by PGL

I once sold my 1964 Austin Healy for $3,000. They now go for much more $50,000+. Too bad I didn't keep it in a barn. Anyway, I'm now 72 -- so am I getting rare and worth more?

id="quote">
id="quote">:D The inherent value is not in question, eh - but were you kept in a barn? :D No? Too bad !:o But, ya know, it's kinda like they say, - it's never too late. :D And stranger things have appeared on CraigsList. sm00 (not recommended). 8)

Not to hijack this thread, but I have been amazed at the prices folks are asking for their Simplicity tractors this past year. I don't know if it is supply and demand or people just know these are special tractors or both.

It makes me want to chain my Agco Allis 918H to a tree, even though is isn't running yet.

Bill