Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pleated Simplicity Seat

jprobus

Anyone have any luck getting the original pleated Simplicity seat redone locally and have it look right? How much did it cost? I saw an original NOS Simplicity seat got for $250 on Ebay recently. That's crazy. I wanted it but no where near that bad. Any suggestions? I bought a cheap Murray seat that I was going to retrofit but I just love the look of that old pleated seat. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as always.

I used grey duct tape on my seat. Then I discovered black duct tape. It looks good from 20 feet. Seat if other wise good - except the pan and the mounts are all messed up by PO. I really need to destroy it to remove it - so - I don't. yet.

but that's on my 716 - I don't know seat/tractor is involved here; and I just don't have a crystal ball.

The woman who makes new seat stuff is mentioned in simpletractors.com likely under AC, B-Series. I think those are still available from recent posts. (?)

Yeah, sorry, late model 7010 Landlord. Not exact but I'm pretty sure about a '76-'78. The rest of the seat is in excellence condition. Still has the dealer sticker on the back. I'd love to just get it recovered and was wondering if anyone here had done same, how much $, etc. Thanks!

I kind of figured it was the later seat since you mentioned the NOS one on eBay. Those seats were made by Michigan Seat Co which is now Milsco. Its a complex molding process to make these seats and as far as I know no upholstery shop would be capable of reproducing them. These are basically a molded vinyl with the foam glued to the back. Upholstery shops usually work with sewn materials rather than molded.

Take your seat to a couple of local upholstery shops along with the picture from the post. See what you can come up with price wise.

John U