Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lake Effect Snow Machine Alive and Working Well

rokon2813

In response to Josh, I started to clean off the truck, then thought of the camera.Our Lake Effect machine is working this week too.Plowed about 6 inches Tuesday after dark.Plowed about 6 again on Wednesday after dark.Today, Thursday, I should be able to do another 5 or 6 before dark so I can get some pics. After I figure out why the Squire decided to quit moving :(!:(!Fortunately I had my latest B10 to finish up with. (yes yours Brian) :D:DI used the truck Tuesday so this is only 2 days accumulation. :o:O

Snowy truck.jpg

57e0576b23d31_Snowytruck.jpg.e21c90705ae4b527a0c99978e4005f95.jpg

Here are a few shots. I tried action shots, but only got 1. 5 degrees is just too cold to plow without a glove to run the camera. :o:OThe no move problem was just a slipped collar. Slid the diff back together and reset the collar and good to go. :D:DDon't look like so much, but the old girl is rolling a full blade. ;)

snow112513.jpg

snow212513.jpg

snow312513.jpg

snow412513.jpg

snow112513.jpg.c3befc604033ea3124f93bd61dc1c3ef.jpg

snow212513.jpg.6c7da35b030e4c895aba4b6b16859c5e.jpg

snow312513.jpg.069e7a9b2108180fff26d1062dc9daa4.jpg

snow412513.jpg.3957f7ebd52fb25699babb62f5d1792f.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Wonderful, isn't it? ;)

id="quote">
id="quote">Umm... NO. Guess I'm getting old, winter seat time isn't so much fun anymore. sm00sm00When it's this cold out, I much prefer the woodstove over the tractor seat. ;);)

Great pics rokon. LESM can really put it down can't it! Few years back places were under 4 plus feet in a weeks time. Awesome!

Dan, your pics bring back some memories of my lake effect days, fun and not so fun.

Can't say I'm jealous.

Hope it's all gone by april when I'm back in Rochester.

I just love it...those mornings are my favorite. Not sure what it is. The dog loves it too. Let him out in that cold and he goes bananas. Figure I need to enjoy it while I can!

I hear ya on the glove thing though...it was 6 below when I first checked, and I waited till it hit zero to go out. My trigger finger was near-frost bitten trying to take pictures.

Try it when it's -26 out? I don't even attempt to start my tractor until it's had some time in front of the nipco. Hasn't been that cold here in the daylight since the year before last but the other morning it was -35 just North. We've been averaging about -10 during the day this year but today I see we're up to 1 degree already!^ I might have to go out to the garage.

Its +11 at my place right now. I was just out in the garage and was thinking about how warm it was....NOT! XX(

-35 degrees, you can KEEP it!

Had it not been for driving on the driveway after we got dusted thursday evening, I could've used a push broom to clear my driveway.wahwah

Got home from Anch last nite to another 6 or so inches, was around zero for a week ar better, this morning it's -38 and suppose to be cold yil next wed., think I'll just stay home. Gonna have to pit the blower on the B-112 NO place left to push it too

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

I used a Stihl Leaf blower!! ^

id="quote">
id="quote">I used the blower today too! Put the gutter cleaning extension on it to clear a foot of snow offmy satallite dish so Mother could watch TV ^

Dan & Josh,I haven't experienced any LE since my SIL was stationed at Fort Drum NY.This is yesterday's 2" of very dry snow. 1st 200 feet of driveway, and turn around (aka outside work area). Crushed stone does not plow well in this small amount of snow, but tonight there will be ice under.

Dscn0422.jpg

Wayneid="Book Antiqua">id="size4">

Dscn0422.jpg.d8fd6c7c53cb17d8c7e193a744f34825.jpg