Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7116H with Dutch blade

NandoG

Finally got some usage on the Dutch blade, when we drive on the driveway with snow on it, it's hard to clean the hard packed snow with the front blade so I tried the Dutch blade and it scrapped the snow really good.

grader blade 2.jpg

Very good idea! I scrape pretty clean with the dozer, but have the dutch blade ready for just such an occasion, now that you bring it to light! I cant believe they didnt have an oem blae like that...the Dutch is by far superior.

Dutch Blade...Never used one myself. You have to be very aware of whats around you when you turn around with one of those on the back.

What type of driveway do you have? Looks like asphalt, but it's hard to tell. Did the blade do any damage to the drive? Does the edge of the blade you were scraping with have notches, or "teeth" like the side that's visible?

I didn't pay close enough attention to the picture! I thought you were using the scarifier side! :I I used to use my OEM grader,b ut didn't feel like it would 'bite' hard enough. When you said Dutch, I assumed you meant the toothed side.

Mark, Dutch made these to replace the OEM grader blade, usually for use on the belly. They are far more aggressive than a solid edge.

20121201_155931.jpg

20121201_155714.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• NandoG
    • tripleguy
    • GregB
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts