Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Picked Up Another Mow Bee

AC82

Had this given to me from a member of another tractor forum. This one is a 1968 model 732. Just had to have it to with my 1969 model 532!

mini-MowBee732.JPG

mini-MowBee7321.JPG

mini-MowBee7324.JPG

mini-MowBee7326.JPG

How about the wooden deck rollers:

mini-MowBee7323.JPG

mini-MowBee732.JPG.5877e068d210d245257a9829cb439c48.JPG

mini-MowBee7321.JPG.4880217af89423d56837d670346f3e2d.JPG

mini-MowBee7324.JPG.a1f49dd22c5de88c6497f48477437626.JPG

mini-MowBee7326.JPG.1bd48ae58e0d12f018da555501069eb4.JPG

mini-MowBee7323.JPG.c3377e34bf8310551dec66a76fe12a3f.JPG

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

Wow...wooden rollers? is that old or custom? I hope old...very cool dOd

id="quote">
id="quote">I have seen alot of rollers that were wood from back in the day on different brands. nice find sm01

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

Wow...wooden rollers? is that old or custom? I hope old...very cool dOd

id="quote">
id="quote">They are pretty neat. I had no idea what they really looked like until I picked the 732 yesterday. When I pulled the 532 out of a friend's barn it only had remnants of the rollers because the deck had been buried in mud for 20 years.Maybe that's the answer for everyone's worn out nylon deck rollers for all the Simplicity's! (My dad already joked about turning some on the wood lathe...)

Nice find! I saw the other posting too and am glad to see you saved it! Yes the wooden rollers were OEM on the MowBees. They were made by Hahn and are nearly identical to the Hahn-Eclipse.

i have a few wooden rollers in my garage. now i know what they are for! haha i always figured they were simp or ac.

also i never knew of those,now i wish i had one!

Olde steele reele pushe mowers - most had woode rollers. I replaced mine with a chunk of maple dowel. Tried to hand drill holes in the ends; came out a little wobble - and still works fine.

Yeh, I know, you don't like pushing. They are near effortless if set up properly. That's the problem; nobody ever spent the time to figure how they work. I don't use mine much lately; but it works fine for a long time now. But they are a special interest, and for specific purpose for me = back yard custom croquet course, mimic golf course - you gotta be crazy to do this. :D The olde steele reels will cut reeeelly short; but you lower it gradually, or you reeeelly learn what push means. 8)

Neat old mowers there - but I don't know why, RER's scare me.

Great idea about the lathe making rollers - any size you want - wow!! You could experiment w soft wood, and make the final from good maple, ash, ironwood, etc. (don't know what's best).

Thanx for shares, pix, etc.

quote:Originally posted by huffy

Those little mowers are cute. Are you going to restore the 732? I'd leave the 532 as is.

id="quote">
id="quote">I'm sure someday I will get the itch to restore them. I really have no plans to ever getting them mowing again. (Deffenently want to drive them!) I need to find a couple older briggs verticals to re-power them both. I know they are not Simplicity's but I think they are still pretty neat.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• A-C_220
    • PhanDad
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts